Zyban - to quit smoking...

by chrissee 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well I quit smoking with the help of Wellbutrin. It took about 2 months to quit all the way. It really cut down on the urgent need for a cigarette.

I was really addicted.After smoking for twenty years I couldn't believe it was so easy!..I was a outside smoker so I had to quit for me!

The Dr said if I DIDN'T quit I would have emphesema (sp?)in 5 years!

That helped. Plus I really got sick of smelling like a tobacco factory..

Trust me..I was REALLY addicted!

I went to the drugstore and stocked up on as many chocolate "Tootsie pops" as I could find. They got to know me very well.

I had to have something in my mouth!It really helped to suck on a Tootsie Pop.

Snoozy..who didn't know Zyban was Wellbutrin? That's news to me..is it true?

I also don't have much faith in the patch or gum. Seems like you would be prolonging the agony.Might as well have a cig..

• talesin
    talesin

chrissee

I read about Chakra meditation a long time ago, and learned the basic breathing technique (in thru the nose, out thru the mouth).

The three-part breath (lungs, diaphragm, gut) is basic yoga. Just learned that last year. It really works good, hey? Glad you liked it.

Re the patch. My ex tried the patch and found it was really helpful with his cravings (for nicotine hehehe). The only problem is, it gives many folks a lot of dreams. Since he has flashbacks/nightmares, he had a rough time using it, and had to eventually give it up. BUT, it's worth a try, specially if hubbie doesn't have problems with sleep.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit