Georgia Bride-to-Be Found Alive in NM

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I'm shocked and dismayed at some of the reactions from some of the women on here...........I'm no bleeding heart, ladies, but, considering what we all have been subjected to and the pressure we have been put under to conform, can't we find it in our hearts to cut others who may have less resolve some slack? Why do we have to immediately slap labels on others? Do any of us really know the pressures or the private life of this woman? It's easy to drop back into a judgemental mode. I, for one, feel saddened that this woman obviously could not talk to those nearest and dearest to her about her real feelings. I am extremely relieved that she is safe, and not another murder statistic.

Sorry everyone, but I agree with Sunnygal here. Yes, she is a grown woman and not a young child. But what grown woman hasn't made bad decisions that "took a life of it's own"? What grown woman hasn't gone along for months (or years!) on end with decisions she didn't really want? What grown woman has made choices based on pressure from family and other outside pressures? What grown woman hasn't needed some grace given to her because of those bad decisions?

For that matter, what person, regardless of sex, hasn't gone through these very same things? Especially on this board. We've ALL made stupid decisions that will have repercussions for the rest of our ENTIRE LIVES. Doesn't sound like we're that different from her, does it?

Andi

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There's still no need to fake a kidnapping and run away to nm? hmm..

.We've ALL made stupid decisions that will have repercussions for the rest of our ENTIRE LIVES. Doesn't sound like we're that different from her, does it?

I dunno, I havent done anything like that, as bad as I've ever felt. She did not just hurt herself, and a few close family members.

• Purza
    Purza
    I also really never had the luxury to pull off a childish decision without some kind of repercussions.......I mean even a speeding ticket gets a fine and often times an appearance in court. She will probably not even get charged with anything.

I tend to agree with Purple. The yahoo article I read said that no criminal charges will be filed. At a minimum I think she should have to pay for the time and manpower the police used in searching for her. In my opinion, I think it was a very selfish thing for her to do.

Purza

• freedom96
    freedom96

I wonder if her fiance is still willing to marry her? He has got to be crushed that she did this.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    I wonder if her fiance is still willing to marry her? He has got to be crushed that she did this.

Especially considering the fact that he was a suspect in her disappearance.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i was glad to hear she wasnt another domestic abuse statistic..

i was cynical.. i figured the fiance or some man she had on the side had killed her or something.

i'm irritated because since she's marrying into a rich family that this was national news. women go missing every day and you rarely if ever hear about it nationally.

yeah she should have handled it differently. any condemnation we heap upon her though is nothing like what she's probably heaping onto herself right now.

here i am too dang poor to marry my honey. if we get married our social security will be cut by 1/3. so no way we can get married. she should be more appreciative of the opportunities in her life in my opinion !

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    Bingo-bango. If more people were held accountable there would be less of this nonsense. She should be fined orsomething at least

She should be held accountable for all the hours the professionals put in looking for her. Our tax dollars were spent needlessly on someone who was playing a game of hide-n-seek.

She could have left a message on someone's phone, door or car. Even with just one of the service providers for the wedding or the local police...

-Aude.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sounds like a bridal melt down! I can't imagine the pressure of planning a wedding and reception for 600 people. Yuck!

We eloped!

It was a braindead decision, and I agree that she should at least pay a fine or something. But, I am also relieved that she was not found raped and hacked to pieces in a trash bag somewhere.

J

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I agree with everything everyone has said thus far...and especially about the police and manpower put into searching for her.....that was alot of money paid for by who??? US the loyal taxpayers....

Another thing...having been a part of quite a few weddings myself...even tho I'm quite sure they're all relieved that the lady is ok....if i was one of the bridesmaids or groomsmen....i'd be kinda a little pissed too having put out money for things that being that the wedding was supposed to be THIS weekend, I'm sure they had fully paid for dresses and tuxes already....and not to mention all the money paid for family and friends to travel from whereever they traveled from....

Just too many people were affected by this little stunt. I personally had already put the blame on poor fiance'. But, I was wrong. I guess she had watched Runaway Bride too many times...but at least Julia waited until she was actually at the wedding....hmmm but would that be worse or better???

Just my lil 2 cents

• jws
    jws
    I will say this.........it is not her fault that the media and her church and community, the police, the FBI spent hours and hours looking for her, no telling how much money was spent.

How so? Unless you have no social circle, if you just disappear, you should expect your friends to be worried and come looking for you. If she didn't want to get married and was going to run away to do it, fine. But at least let somebody in on it so that they can tell the search party to call it off.

By not telling anybody, she invited the manhunt. In fact, that's probably exactly what she wanted. She was too scared to back out. She probably wanted it to look like a kidnapping so that imaginary criminal could be blamed for the wedding not happening.

How can that not be her fault?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit