Georgia Bride-to-Be Found Alive in NM

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Good Grief, That time money and energy could have been better spent on finding these molested, abused missing children. Sounds like some rich bitch needs to grow up.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ya I'm kinda pissed at myself for having worried about her.

I should know better by now.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

god you can understand a 9 year old doin that but 32. God grow up woman.

What a waste of time and money.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    ?Jennifer had some issues the family was not aware of. We?re looking forward to loving her and talking to her about these issues,? he said.

I'm shocked and dismayed at some of the reactions from some of the women on here...........I'm no bleeding heart, ladies, but, considering what we all have been subjected to and the pressure we have been put under to conform, can't we find it in our hearts to cut others who may have less resolve some slack? Why do we have to immediately slap labels on others? Do any of us really know the pressures or the private life of this woman? It's easy to drop back into a judgemental mode. I, for one, feel saddened that this woman obviously could not talk to those nearest and dearest to her about her real feelings. I am extremely relieved that she is safe, and not another murder statistic.

Terri

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I will say this.........it is not her fault that the media and her church and community, the police, the FBI spent hours and hours looking for her, no telling how much money was spent.

You do not plan a wedding with 600 guests 14 bridesmaids and bridegrooms overnight.

She had to agree to some of these decisions all along. Most of all the agreement to get married.

There was a $100,000 reward for her immediately. I guess if every missing person could get this kind of attention and publicity, I would not have felt anger towards a grown woman being so irresponsible as to her mixed up feelings about getting married. Running away, (it is brought out it must be planned as she had money to travel) worrying her family and friends and community. Then when she got to NM she said she had been abducted 3 days earlier. She also cut her hair to disguise herself.

I also really never had the luxury to pull off a childish decision without some kind of repercussions.......I mean even a speeding ticket gets a fine and often times an appearance in court. She will probably not even get charged with anything.

I honestly did not mean to sound heartless. We live in a time that leaves little room for energies to put used to such silly nonsense.

This is a woman, not a child. I don't know why she will not be held responsible for her actoins. It also worries me that people will become sceptical now when valid disappearances do occur. There is a much bigger issue going on IMO, I think the media will soon think harder about the coverage stories get, so it may be a good thing or a bad thing.......I really don't know.

Do we not raise our children to let us know where they are, and not to worry us? And are there not consequences when they don't check in? I know that with my daughter, even if she can't be home when is expected, and sometimes she is just sorting out problems, she will call me and let me know she is ok. I respect her space.

I am glad Jennifer is alive and has such loving and forgiving people to help her.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yeah purplesofa,

I couldnt agree more wit you.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

This is a woman, not a child. I don't know why she will not be held responsible for her actoins. It also worries me that people will become sceptical now when valid disappearances do occur. There is a much bigger issue going on IMO, I think the media will soon think harder about the coverage stories get, so it may be a good thing or a bad thing.......I really don't know.

Bingo-bango. If more people were held accountable there would be less of this nonsense. She should be fined orsomething at least

• Mary
    Mary

I'm with purplesofa on this one........if you've got cold feet before the wedding, then for crissakes, talk about it with either a family member, a pastor, minister, or god-forbid, even your fiancee. This stupid bitch needlessly worried an entire nation, cost who knows how much in the search for her, and put her fiancee and her family through hell for 3 days-----if it were the groom who pulled a stunt like this, would there be any bleeding hearts for him? Not bloody likely.......good thing he found out now what a wacko he nearly committed himself to......

• minimus
    minimus

I guess she really didn't want to get married, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit