Seeker4 -Still No Word on DFing

by Seeker4 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Well, the elders were supposed to have met on Monday, April 18 to decide if they would disfellowship me for adultery. There is no question of my guilt. Not a hard decision.

My debate with the elders is not whether I'm living with a woman, but whether they have any right to take action, as I'm not a Witness. Haven't attended meetings for at least 6 or 7 years, and haven't been out in service for much, much longer. The elders say I was so well-known in the org that they have to take action still.

I hand delivered a letter to the PO on Sunday, April 17, asserting that because I'd been inactive for a decade, they were going contrary to WTS policy in taking action against me. I said I hadn't been a Witness for years, and that I would consider it a form of harrassment if they took action, and I would sue the elders individually.

It's been two full weeks now, and I haven't heard a peep about any of this ..

Just keeping you updated.

S4

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting! They're probably running it by the Legal Dept. in NY.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hopefully they have an ounce of brains, and will leave this hornets nest alone. Kudos to you Seeker4. Please keep us posted.

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yeah, I'm sure they're required to run this past the legal department.

I told the elders that when they did, they would likely find that the WTS will not pay for any legal counsel they might require, and they would be left pretty much totally on their own. They would also have to deny that the WTS gave them any legal counsel.

I'm just wondering if it will be dropped, or that it's just in transition for a few weeks here.

If anyone has been through something similar, would be interested in hearing from you.
    S4

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Seeker4,

You said:

My debate with the elders is not whether I'm living with a woman, but whether they have any right to take action, as I'm not a Witness.

Does this mean that you were never baptised? If this is the case, they cannot DF an unbaptised person. From what I recolect as an ex elder, they can make the statement that you are not an approved associate.

Maybe someone else can give the exact criteria on this.

HappyDad

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This really is an interesting situation. Where did you hear that they cannot take any action against you because you have been inactive for 10 years? I've never heard of that.

GBL

• Spook
    Spook

Brilliant!

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Although not as bold and visible as you have been, I might find myself in a similar situation so I'm watching to see how your 'situation' plays out.

Thanks for the update and please keep us posted.

-Aude.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

usually, the elders will drop the case if lawsuit comes up. unless you start outing pedophiles and encouraging others to do so(Bill Bowen) or know where the skeletons are buried (Barbara Anderson), they will likely leave you alone. You likely will be "silently" DFed, and hopefully that doesn't matter to you.

• Es
    Es

If you havent attended a meeting for more than three years they cant d/f you. es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit