DO YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF ASPERGER'S SYNDROME?

by Terry 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    In my research to find something to help my little grandson, I came across a number of articles that said that children with any autism spectrum disorder often have digestion issues, which seems to go undiagnosed.(the articles cited 80%) It has to do with the pancreatic enzymes and the lack of them causes incomplete digestion of particular foods and that causes toxins that enter the blood stream and go to the brain. It also causes a lack of nutrients, especially minerals.

I purchased Pancreatin at the health food store and my little grandson started taking it twice per day. We have seen substantial improvement all the way around with him. As time goes on, he gets better and better. He is much more outgoing, happy, interactive. He also takes a multi vitamin/multi mineral supplement, that he now is able to absorb.

Such a simple thing...........

Target, being a person with a lot of digestive issues, I find this fascinating. I too have known an autistic child that had major food intolerances. When his mother finally got him on a high mineral/metal multi-vitamin and took flour out of his diet, you would never have known he was autistic. In fact, his family doctor said he had been misdiagnosed!

When I eat things I have an intolerance to (flour) I find myself in a fog. Sometimes, it feels like I'm drunk! I can't think straight, I can't focus, I can't remember well, I am terribly tired, and at times viciously moody. Seriously...the intolerance doesn't always manifest itself into a digestive issue, but a chemical issue. I don't have all the answers, I just know I can't eat it. A multi-vitamin with a high mineral count helps as long as it doesn't have a lot of iron. I already have a high iron diet, so a multi with iron actually gives me awful headaches and make my mouth taste like a penny.

• target
    target

Billygoat

What you discribe is so common. Many food allergies and intolerances are helped a lot with digestive enzymes. When food is not properly broken down it enters the blood stream in larger particles and that is a really big cause of food allergies. My husband needs the full spectrum digestive enzymes, whereas I need mainly the pancreatin. I am diabetic and pancreatin helps in that area also. Interestingly, animals with allergy problems also benefit from digestive enzymes. Many people who suffer from headaches are really suffering from toxins because they do not digest their food properly. Many symptoms improve dramatically when food is properly digested and absorbed and nutrients and minerals are able to get to where they are needed.

Target

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit