Oh to be a woodpecker

by bikerchic 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

We have 3 indigenous woodpeckers.

The greater spotted and the green are most common. The countrysiders call the green woodpecker the "Yaffle".

Englishman.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Don't forget the carved wooden book-end type:

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

LT,

I'm scratching my head here, trying to recall a time in history when this planet outlived Homo Sapien...

Forgive my ambigous statement. Ss I wrote it, I thought it would confuse but I was too tired to be bothered to change it. What I meant by that is that when a natural disaster strikes and humans are wiped out in their tens of thousands as has frequently occured throughout our modern and ancient history, nature always reclaims its own. Nature *always* wins. Geologically homo sapien is a relative newcomer to this planet. Time will tell whether he is here to stay, though he has certainly made his presence felt to the temporary detriment we might add, of his fellow lodgers.

We do not exist apart from our surroundings we are part of them and certainly no more important than a woodpecker, however we squirm on that hook philosphically. The planet would be better off without us, perhaps one day it will be.

Who will take the last picture of the earth?

Best regards - HS

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Without the beauty of Mother Nature man is nothing but a robot.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

One of my favorite scenes in Bevis and Butthead is when they are sprawled out on a couch sleeping and Butthead nods awake and chuckles: Wood Pecker... then nods back to sleep.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

bikerchic:

If only I was one of these I would have it made in the shade. Life would be wonderful, I would be sought after as the last great hope and cared for tenderly by my adoring public.

No, your species would be critically endangered, due to our species systematically destroying your habitat.

I ask what can a bird do for you? Hey I'm no bird hater, but I am a people lover. People contribute to society in ways that birds can't unless you love picking up bird shit, feathers and being woken up in the wee hours of the morning by some god damn woodpecker!

So, move to a big city. Cut down any trees that are on your property. But don't expect everyone else to want to live in your sterile dystopia.

Shame, shame, shame! Where is the love for humanity for people in need.

There will be more people in need as the systematic destruction of whole ecosystems causes floods, landslides, droughts and climate change. But don't worry, it's only the poorest people who will be affected. You'll be safe in your ivory tower - for a while, at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit