Everyone deserves a funeral....surely!!!!

by Gill 22 Replies latest social family

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The more I read of this, the angrier (and sadder) I'm becomming. EVERYONE deserves a funeral - it represents 'closure' a final goodbye. I can't understand a ''Memorial Service''. What Love is there in putting 'Inheritance/money' above life itself?

• Gill
    Gill

Hi MC - The fact is that in law money seems to be more important that 'love' and what a person wants and that seems to put people with some money in a worst position than those with nothing at all to their names.

Our anger really lies in the fact that we were apparantly 'not spiritual' enough, or this was used as an excuse, to stop us being able to look after a person that needed looking after by people who cared about him. Both the hospital consultant and his GP who had looked after him when he had a stroke said Grandpa would do better is he lived with people who loved him, and his family than going in a home. They said he would not live longer than a year if he went into a care home. That seemed to suit his daughter though. The doctors were not bother if we were JWs or not and what they made of my mother in laws excuses I don't know.

We're pretty sure she slandered and lied about us. One evening when Grandpa was in a care home for a few weeks, that was down the road from us, he insisted that he wanted to stay with us overnight. We said it would make a lot of trouble, but he insisted and he stayed. His daughter rang in an hysterical state, she did not know that we could hear what she said when she was speaking to Grandpa, but she insinuated that Grandpa had been forced by threats of violence from my husband that he was to stay with us. She said to him ' I know what ...... is like. You can tell me if he's frightened you into staying. I can get the Police round to help you right now!' At which Grandpa rolled his eyes and said 'No. Don't be so silly!'

So that's the kind of lunacy we were up against from this crazy dub monster in law of mine.

We believe that, barring unforseen circumstances, Grandpa would still have been alive now and for a good many years still if he had been with us. Now, we will never have the chance to know.

The love of someone elses money is certainly the root of all evil and twisted words and acts.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Maybe if you had taken your Grandfather in, cared and looked after him and shown him love, he may have changed his WIll completely in favour of you, and that was a chance your Mum-In-Law wasn't willing to take.

Maybe you should print out all these responses and mail them to your Mother-In-Law. I'd be tempted.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the extra unnecessary pain you've had to suffer too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit