Watchtower says you're SELFISH!!!

by zack 19 Replies latest jw friends

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Selfishness is interesting, are you selfish when you do things to save your eternal life? are you selfish when you become religious because you fear death?

it seems that they hook you with selfishness, pretending its all about saving your soul...but then they turn around and blame you for being selfish and make you feel bad if you are not self-sacrificing, which is another term for suicidal, no?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Witnesses are now going back to college and encouraging their kids to do the same. That never used to be allowed. Now that it is mearly 'frowned on' to get a four year degree and pursue a career, people are taking the chance and doing it. Afterall, look where mom and dad are.

amen jeanniebeanz! i am aware of the study from last week, and i refuse to feel guilty because i am going back to school and looking after myself. it's so warped to be made to feel guilty about bettering one's self. it worked on our parents, so it is powerful. i would say it is selfish to have put the WTS work before ones future, and family's future.

i am so happy we live in this age where we have a tool like the internet. it is a powerful counterfource to that mentality of the borg. if it was not for the internet, i might have just become like my parents too!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

• delilah
    delilah

Exactly why I stopped going.....got tired of feeling like s.h.i.t. after every meeting. I don't think "build them up" is in their vocabulary. They just tear down constantly.....Definitely the opposite of Jesus personality.

Dee

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

welcome to the board mack.

>> Now that it is mearly 'frowned on' to get a four year degree and pursue a career

>> We KNOW you can donate more $$$$ and you aren't.

The sad part is the WT doesn't see the connection between the two. As my grandfather used to say, "Who do they expect to collect donations from if everyone is pioneering? " Odds are that Joe Publisher without a college degree is working two jobs to barely scrap by.

Consider who extols forgoing a career. COs are provided: housing (all expenses paid), car (all expenses paid), health insurence. All living expenses are cared for by your donations.

• love11
    love11

It's not selfish to love yourself more than a printing press!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

To the j-dubs ... judge not, lest you be judged.

Now where did I see that?

I also read somewhere, if they see that quality in us ... we are merely their mirror.

Love,

ESTEE

• observador
    observador

Oh yes, I'm soooooo selfish! Everything to me. Me me me me me!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Yep, i'm totally selfish. And am raising heathen kids.

I give my all to the ones who count the most, my two adorable kids.

Instead of giving to the borg, we have fun, shoppin, going out, holidaing.

Instead of going to meetings and witnessing, we spent quality time together. Not time where they have to behave like robots, and get in trouble for being normal kids.

I love being selfish.

It's sooooo fun.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Jesus said to love others as we love ourselves. I'm making up for lost time cuz when I was a JW I didn't love myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit