New Survey? (subject:death)

by Big Jim 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

(e) Be Re-Born as another person. (With memories of former life)

Yes I would like to come back as a woman, with memories of my former life so that I could be a lesbian.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I still believe that life before death is healthy, and a sure thing!

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Seeker
    Seeker
    (a) Live Forever on Paradise Earth.

An awful fate, for after you have spent twenty-two quadrillion years each studying every subatomic molecule in the entire universe nine-hundred-trillion times over and over again -- you get to start over and repeat the process another fifty quintillion times. After that, you have just spent one day of eternity. Repeat.

(b) Be an Angel in Heaven.

Would depend on who God is in that scenario. If it's the Christian God, He's got some 'splainin' to do first.

If it's a loving God instead, could be interesting, but the same problem with eternity would crop up.

(c) Be a Demon in Hell.

No thanks. The very concept of a firey hell is so objectionable, that it's very existence would damn any God in heaven. Therefore the only moral course at that point would be to demand to go to hell, as an inmate, not one of the wardens who would be perpetuating that atrocity.

(d) Be Re-Born as another person.(without memories of former life)

Meaningless, for it would no longer be me in any meaningful sense, and I would have no knowledge of it.

(e) Be Re-Born as another person.(with memories of former life)

Could be OK, depending on who you come back as, but if this process repeats ad infinitum, you come back to the same eternity boredom problem.

(f) Be Re-Incarnated as an animal.(which animal)

Whereupon you are immediately eaten by a shark/grizzly bear/whale/lion etc.

(g) Be Re-Born again as your self with all memories of former life.

Been there, done that.

I choose (h) Nothingness, please.

• shalom
    shalom

First Choice A, Second Choice G, Third choice E

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I do very much think that this is it; we might have had postcards from the edge but scientific proof of continued existence in any form? I think not.

However, I love the idea of re-incarnation. My girlfriend is positive we have met before. I had a 'waking dream' that was inexplicable in its detail and reality. But they are nice ideas, not reliable hopes.

If I could choose would go for re-birth with intact memories. Otherwise it's a rollercoaster; when you get to the bottom you go back to the top again.

I would love to be able to compare and contrast life as a man with life as a woman. That would be interesting. Imagine having your very own breasts. Of course, they'd just be your breasts if you were a girl and not have an intrinsic attraction, but from where I'm standing the idea is an appealing one.

If there was a pill that would give you a side-effect free gender swap for 24 hours, would you take it??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit