Got D20?

by Sparkplug 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

yeah.... well, the 10D is a classic. This newfangled extree 2 megapixeled stuff is just marketing! Digital will never replace digital!

• SadElder
    SadElder

Looks like a great camera. But a little pricey for my intro to digital cameras. I just bought an EOS XT that gives me 8 mega pixels. So the 20 must really be great. Enjoy!

• ballistic
    ballistic

It's nice to see another geek on the forum! No you haven't won the prize for the geekiest geek!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

The D20 is a pretty cool piece of equipment. The studio I contract for just got a couple D20s and Mark II. I'm a Nikon girl myself, so I have the D70. Love it!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I think I have died and gone to the big geek heaven in the sky where the av is always set just right. I took a shot of my girl for no particular reason just to hear the snap sound. ...snap snap snap.

Then as I looked at the photo on a plasma screen I got up to 800% EIGHT HUNDRED!! and all I could see was the blood vessel loud and clear in my childs eye. and the reflection of the whole soccer field. No pixels and not yet grainy or blury. I also can see where the shaft of hair on her head comes out of the pore...that was a wee bit grainy...

Now check this out I took a picture of this girl falling on her bumm. and as her hair flys up, and the other girl reels back...I thought that this was not how I wanted it cropped and I tried to scroll over. I felt like I did a 180 looking through the lens. It scrolled till it felt like I was looking behind me. I took a shot of the one set of girls and as I scrolled I found 2 other great pictures of the girls on the team kicking and running. Amazing. ...

Six...Is that why you want a 20d? I know you are just jumping to have one!! Come on now admit it. You like the 20d...

Oh ballistic...Sad Elder and Mutz.... you have got to at least test drive one of these. They are DA' BOMB!!With an em-pha'sis on the syl'lab'el..

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    biggest GEEK on the Forum!

whoa! now you have my attention! this is a very sacred position to have. you might be the biggest geek on the forum, or i might! only geek chops will do!! take this:

//connect to geek powers database
    $conn = mysql_connect("sql.geekdom.com", "self_professed_geek", "54XGKZQG") or die(mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db("geekpowers",$conn) or die(mysql_error());

//check for geek powers based on geekyness and abilities
    $get_geek_power = "select id, geek_id, coding, digital camera, OS_type, memorized_yoda_phrases, hardware_hacking_chops from geek_powers where geek_id = '$CHOPS'";
    $get_geek_power_res= mysql_query($get_geek) or die(mysql_error());

if (mysql_num_rows($get_geek_power_res) < 1) {
    //print message

echo "a geek indeed you are, but.... ";

while ($geek = mysql_fetch_array($get_geek_power_res)) {
    $id = $geek['id']; $coding = $geek['coding']; $digital camera = $geek['digital camera'];

echo "the geek overlord is $geek";

HAI YAH!!

---------------------

oh, er...

damn! according to my calculations, you are the greater geek! my appologies. can i be one of your under-geek minions? i can polish your camera?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

tetrapod.sapien I BOW TO THE MASTER!! Very Funny. You Truly have outgeeked me no matter what you say...

BillyG. Now, you should know it is all new to me. I just know I am loving every minute of it. Somday I will learn all the technical wording...then again maybe I wont...Right now I am reading what a lipstick tube on my desk at work has to say from a square of mirror that caught the wording in it... This is so Cool. I thought I was a Nikon Girl. Seemed so much more everything...but well I must say this fling with the Canon is swaying me.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Sparky... bought my wife the 20D for Xmas. It is an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment. She has yet to get her head around it all. Maybe if you ever come to St Louis anytime you could show her the ropes... lol.

Did you take classes for photography or learn by yourself?

FMZ

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

FMZ... That is the coolest thing. She should give you kisses.

When I get to St Louis we can sit together and look at the buttons and say "whats dis doos?" that is the funny thing I do not have a clue and I have this way kick bumm camera. Here is the story so I don't have to ever try to talk shop with any of yooooos. Keep in mind that I am a pretty creative person and bad at technical details.

So A friend talked me into taking her friend who was needing help, wedding pics. Somehow from there till now, The work did not stop. I finally after x-mas took a break and got some rest. Thats when I came exploring here. anyhow, I have never taken a class and I had a friend who helped me from 9 hours away to learn Adobe (That is a butt saver) and it has been on my own. So I was making so much money that I got a Dba. and claimed taxes. I know it is not what an experienced photographer would make...but they also are not getting a 20 year veteran.

Now, I have someone actually coming on the shoots and teaching me the tecnical aspect.. So crazy as it seems I did not know to even be scared and just jumped into weddings and a whole bunch of things...Now that I am learning what I don't know, I can feel the fear, but I believe in the emersion process...I started doing the work, then got the business and now am actually getting training. No one has stiffed me or gone away unhappy. I am booked for some weddings clear into 2006...Oct. Now to raise the prices. ......stop short changing myself.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Sparky... amazing!

My wife is pretty creative too, but hasn't the slightest on the technical aspect, so it sounds like she may follow the same path as you ;).

I just got done uploading some of her pics to my new gallery site. I set aside a few choice ones in the "Pretty Pictures" gallery here: http://www.kjsworld.com/gallery/pretty

So, does she have potential? hehe

FMZ

Edited to add: None of these were taken with the D20... not had enough time to get some really good shots with it yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit