Give blood?

by spike 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

Thanks for listing that useful information, peaceloveharmony. Giving blood is a wonderful act of showing kindness towards another. The JW icky-factor about blood can linker for years, and a lifetime for some folks. Roll up your sleeve and give the gift that can mean life for another. It's also a way of telling the Tower to kiss off--you are in control of your life, not them!

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• TD
    TD

Hello Spike,

Like some of the others here, I'm a regular donor. It's easy, quick and painless.

Having been raised to believe that blood donors were the scum of the earth, I was a little leery the first time I went in. I ended up donating alongside two police officers.

The only time I was the least bit uncomfortable was the time two Witnesses doing street work came in and left magazines at the front desk. (The look on their faces was priceless.)

Tom

• kes152
    kes152

Jesus gave his blood. If we follow him and love our neighbor.. we'd give him our blood. No greater love than this, that he should surrender his "life" (blood) in behalf of his friends.

Peace!
    Aaron

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Spike,

thanks for the post.
    A thought provoking one for all of us.

Personally I do agree with Marvin S.:

" ..I would be far more uncomfortable taking something I would not give myself. If we TAKE we should GIVE.
    This aspect of WTS policy is one of the most odorous ones. Thousands of JWs use from the blood supply, and the WTS knows it! How many give what they use? "

I'm sure that with the time this " ethical, doctrinal view point"
    will be modified by the WTS.

A good reminder also from Kes152 :

"Jesus gave his blood. If we follow him and love our neighbor.. we'd give him our blood. No greater love than this, that he should surrender his "life" (blood) in behalf of his friends."

Thanks to Peaceloveharmony for the informations.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am donating blood on Monday! I am very excited about it, having only done this once before in my life, many years (pre-dub) ago.

I felt as Marvin and others have expressed. If you are willing to TAKE you should GIVE.

Now that I'm willing to TAKE again (after all, blood fractions were responsible for 3 healthy pregnancies as my husband and I have Rh incompatibility), I felt strongly compelled to DONATE as soon as the opportunity afforded itself.

I'd like to thank Harmony for the information posted. I only had a vague idea of the procedure and now I'm so darned well-informed!!!

Another motive for donating was succinctly stated by JAVA:

It's also a way of telling the Tower to kiss off--you are in control of your life, not them!

Precisely!

And now I can use my life to benefit others in some small way.

Ain't life grand?

outnfree

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings All
    Thanks Harmy for the great info. And all the great input from everyone!! It really gladdens my heart when I read threads like this!
    I ,unfortunately,was unable to donate.(very low Hgn level) so I may have to accept this 'favor,gift' before I can ever return it!
    So,one of the ways I can 'give of myself,is this way and other avenues of assistance and support.
    Thanks to all who give in ALL ways to all of us.luv yas T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit