Has anyone ever wanted to say............

by whyamihere 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

No. I didn't say anything about being annointed while I was a cult member because the whole 'JW memorial' was a scary night that I often had nightmares about because everyone refused to acknowledge Christ as their God and Saviour and looked upon those who did eat of His body and drink of His blood as being freaks. I started taking communion after I left the crazy cult.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am listening too.

No I never did but I know another guy who did, he was not eccentric he was a very moral person, a good christian, but he didn't fulfill the JW ideals, he didn't attend meetings always, refused to give in fs time slips, did only street witnessing. Because of not obeying these man made rules the dubs refused to give him any recognition, he simply could not be a good brother.

• Bas
    Bas

Maybe we should have annointed JWDers, like 144.000 of them (or a million if we ever get to the 144k mark) maybe the board should have a "annointed" status for posters between, say 500-1000 posts...well just a little rantb

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

One time when I was about 16 I was at work all by myself and the phone rang. I'm one of those absent-minded guys, always got his mind on something else, and I was in one of those absent-minded kind of modes when I answered the phone. To my great surprise, I picked up the phone and said, "Jehovah?"

I almost dropped the phone out of sheer shock and wonder at why I possibly might have said that. There was no immediate answer on the other end. I winced and weakly asked, "Hello?" At that the guy on the other end proceeded to ask me a question about getting a key copied. Apparently he hadn't heard me call him the Sovereign of the Universe. Whew!

But maybe I was annointed. Maybe that was my calling? Who knows! :-)

SNG

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

SNG,

I am sorry that was probably the funniest thing I have ever read. Oh I laughed so hard tears are coming down my face!

Brooke

• love11
    love11

Seattle-

OMG I never knew anyone who had this happen to them too! I was just thinking about the incident that happened with me and then I came across your post. What a shock!

I remember dancing and singing kh songs like a silly little girl, and the phone rang and I said "Jehovah". I couldn't believe that came out of my mouth. It was my mom's friend from the kh and she told me that it wasn't appropriate to use God's name like that. She really gave me a scolding and took the dancing right out of my toes. I laugh now but at the time I thought I was going to be punished from my mom and Jehovah. haha

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Nope

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

love11, whoa, you had that happen to you too? Amazing!

Brooke, I was hoping someone would get a good laugh out of that. :-) It really did happen!

SNG

• dh
    dh

ahem... i am of the annointed

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Many years ago one member of the congregation went to the elders and said they were annointed and he was promptly disfellowshipped....now of course this could be just gossip but i thought i would post it anyway....wonder how they would react though if you did tell them....

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit