I now consider myself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jaffacake 25 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Jaff: We went to the church below. We attended their 5:00p Saturday evening worship with contemporary music. It was packed with hundreds of people, live music, singing, etc. They also said they have small groups for Bible Study, which everyone was invited to join in on. They have things such as Cub Scouts and choir for the kids. Seems like a place where you can just stop by and blend in or get really involved depending on your level of interest. Not sure what the denomination is...

Night night :)

• Frog
    Frog

Well at least something good has come out of your studying with the witnesses...good thing you're an intelligent critical thinker, there's no reason why you can't extrapolate out what you perceive to be truth, certainly don't need to conform to all the obscure teachings of a sect just because they tell you it's part and parcel of the whole package. Good for you:-) v

post script: I thought perhaps you were an evolutionist not a creationist by your avitar, but I guess the pic works both ways...

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Jaffacake

You are correct in that Jehovah's Christian Witnesses are seperate but I do not know how they are associated with Christendom. There is a possiblility that they are a renamed group of the International Bible Students so there are some doctrinal differences.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I like Jaffas comments, because they are different from nearly everyone here. I like different.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Frog, About my Avatar, it is a photograph of the Plaeides in the constellation of the Plough. I have used it to remind me how small the Watchtower used to teach that God is. They used to say he lives on the small star, I think the one on the right, they said this was the exact centre of the universe. Such utterances were examples of the spiritual food being dispensed that earned them the appointment as the faithful and discreet slave - allegedly.

I believe in some aspects of the theory of evolution, but it is not the whole answer by any means. I believe in creation, but not the 6 day thing, or even a mathmatical formula such as 6x7000 years. I don't appreciate those who are dogmatic about which bits of the Bible are literal and which are not. My own view of this tends to evolve.

Inbyathread, Thanks again for the information. I have dug around a bit. I know many groups of true Christians and Bible students refused to follow the great apostacy led by Joseph Rutherford in the 1930s and some are still going today. By their name, I think this particular group must have recognised the apostacy only much later, as the name is closely associated with the Rutherford choice. Either that or they were upset about some of the later apostate teachings of the leadership.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Does this mean you have been supeoned?

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit