I now consider myself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jaffacake 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Six months ago I knew nothing about the Watchtowe religion. I had not read my Bible for more than 25 years, and had gradually drifted between atheism and agnosticism, without giving any thought to what those terms meant. Then my lifelong friends started studying with JWs. I thought she needed something like this in her life and she seemed happy. He, I was convinced, would never become a JW - even though he was what I described to his face as the most gullible man in the world- he was just not the type. He's now close to being baptised!

Just to dissuade my friends from their course, I started studying the Bible, and Watchtower and anti-Watchtower literature. To my surprise and that of my wife, I've really enjoyed my study and try to live a Christian life. I love visiting this and other websites.

I loved the booklets I just read about the Divine Name in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and no longer feel it is wrong to use the term Jehovah (even though it is not the proper transliteration). I am however careful not to use it in a context where it never appeared, ie in the New Testament.

I consider myself, in common with all Christians, as one of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses, even though some may use the word God as I still do most often. I am currently witnessing weekly to a Presiding Overseer, who is sincerely trying to lure me away from Christianity to a form of idolatory of 10 men in New York. I hope to witness to my beloved friends too, as they have never experienced Christianity as I did as a child and young adult.

May I finish with a text which no WT associated person could explain to me - the challenge remains open...

Most truly I say to you, He that hears my word and believes Him that sent me has everlasting life, and he does not come into judgement but has passed over from death to life. (John 5:24 NWT)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    I loved the booklets I just read about the Divine Name in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and no longer feel it is wrong to use the term Jehovah (even though it is not the proper transliteration). I am however careful not to use it in a context where it never appeared, ie in the New Testament

Now try telling that to your elders and watch how fast they put a microscope over your activities.

Have fun!

• minimus
    minimus

This post confuses me. Are you staying with the Witnesses? Or are you playing here?

• kls
    kls

I'm with you Mini,i don't get it either

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I think he's saying that he is going to be a witness for God, and that God's name is Jehovah. He isn't going to get baptized under the watchtower arrangement, but they don't have any monopoly on "witnessing".

Do I understand you right?

Dave

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Minimus, he is saying he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses in the true sense, not a member of the organization that refer to themselves as "Jehovah's Witnesses." A true witness (Isa 43:10) is one who speaks the truth about God. Anyone who reveals the falsehoods of the borg is a true witness for God.

• Mac
    Mac

I think you meant "witless"

mac

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead. I do now consider myself a Christian, and therefore a witness of Jehovah. But some of my comments were tongue in cheek, to make the point that it is impossible to be a Witness of Jehovah inside the Watchtower organisation. That religion, despite the lovely people in it, is certainly not Christianity.

I intend to continue witnessing (what some on here may describe as anti-witnessing) But in my view anti-witnessing is the work of the anti-christ which includes the Watchtower.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Christianity is better than wtism, for sure.

has everlasting life, and he does not come into judgement

What christians fail to know is that all have everlasting life. And judgement is carries out by the person/soul/spirit on itself. So, a positive thinking, good person is on an even standing w a positive thinking, good christian. There goes the christian exclusivity. 'Course, that's just my opinion.

S

• kls
    kls

Phew Jaffacake,you had me ascaredGood for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit