Closure? What has been your experience?

by ljwtiamb 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

Thanks for the welcome, evita!

• zulukai
    zulukai

Welcome! You're in GOOD company here..lots of survivors and walking wounded here to share with.My experience with leaving the org. was one step..I was out, but I found I wasn't free. Closure took some time because I had a lot of rage toward the callous way I was treated, dumped off to one side when all I had was the religion to lean on. In one fell swoop I was consigned to the rubbish heap...no friends other than JW's etc. etc..you know the story. Then I read somewhere that anger is a form of emotional connection and therefore keeps you connected to the very thing you hate. I resolved to put the energy generated by all that rage to good use.It propelled me into college and the more I learned there the more I wanted to learn. Going into the forbidden city of Higher Education and enjoying it and becoming someone in the process was as if I had stood up at a convention and given the whole sorry organization the One-finger salute with both hands. Now that's CLOSURE...at least for me. You'll find your way, trust me :) Big hug of welcome doll, you'll be fine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit