Why didn't jesus write the new testement

by Satanus 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

If Jesus existed, it is likely he knew, that Truth can not be confined within the pages of a book. It is too alive. Too close. Too vast. So had he written anything he may have prefaced it with "don't take anything you are about to read as Truth". Probably not something most would passed down generation after generation.

j

• Satanus
    Satanus

JT

Still, if he saw this vast truth, why would he not have put some sign posts into writing? Day after day, post after post, you, an imperfect human labour at putting up some directions for us. How could jesus, a supposedly perfect illuminated godman have done less, to the extent of nothing, as far as the pen is concerned?

S

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

These are only my feelings of course, but if he existed and knew that the "Kingdom of God is within" (rather than lo here and there, in space and time), as he was attributed to say to the questioning Pharisees, then he probably was not concerned for the future. He lived very present in the moment and dealt only with those who entered into that presence. His desire being only to point to the Truth within others, with absolutely no desire to bring attention or admiration to himself, knowing full well that such glorification would defeat his message.

If he did write, it would have reflected the simple importance of the reader to seek within themselves. Few seem to appreciate or seek such direction, because they habitually look outside themselves for truth, beauty and answers. Such writings could have easily been overlooked and lost.

j

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This reminds my of a boss I once had. No employee ever thought of being in his presence without a pen and paper. He talked and you listened and took notes. If it was a staff meeting, several of us would get together to compile the minutes to get a much fuller picture and understanding. Would it have not just been easier for him to write down the material and pass it around? Maybe so........but that is how it was done.

When we made the new policy and procedure manual .He did not write it but his direction was certainly over it. The mundane happenings of day to day things he did not get involved in.........Just the whole overall picture.

Problems would crop up from time to time and adjustments were made but that did not mean that the boss had a thing to do with them.

I don't find it odd that he did not write anything down. He was simple in his thought. He knew what he wanted to say. He had a short time to get things done.

I think you pose a very good point and really got me thinking ....I like the bible even less...I am starting to think I am a real non-believer the way my mind is going these days.

purps

• Satanus
    Satanus

Purps

He sounds like a cool boss who didn't micromanage. You would have been a good follower of the bible jesus

JT

Actually, there are quite a few utterances attributed to jesus that can be recognised as pointing toward that internal truth. These came from a sage or master who experienced it. Only a person who is also going down that path can recognise them, imo. He can also recognise all the shit that has been overlaid on them. This suggests that, as you hinted, he (whoever he was) did not envision the huge theological/organisational structures built on his character. It also suggests that there has never been any divine protection of the ot, nt or his words. It's purely chance. The title of this thread is not directed at the above type persons, obviously. But, thanks anyway for your thoughts.

S

Ps, Eckhart tolle managed to write two whole books about his 'being in the moment' experiences, all without any divine protection.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    You would have been a good follower of the bible jesus

Nah, eventually I bucked the system, because ultimately it was all about control, even with all the freedom I had, It was only within certain bounderies. It was the unspoken, unwritten laws that I could not adjust to.

I think Jesus message was vast and man has watered it down with all the religions. Each one wanting to be number one, or the one, and ultimately needing some sort of control to keep going what they have going.

Jesus did not have to do that. He came to do the will of his father and spread the message and that is exactly what he did. How it was interpretated is another thing. His stories and message are simple to understand, and are documented.

There is enough drama in the bible to keep mankind upheavelled for, well, at least another thousand years.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

If one is expecting Jesus to start a religion, he did a terrible job. If you expect his teachings to only lead us to a way of connecting to the Essence of all things (he called "father"), he did all he could do considering his audience. It doesn't matter that he wrote nothing. If he had written anything his writings would have been venerated, interpreted and analyzed more than the writings of later Christian writers such as Paul. Every inspired spiritual leader, if his insight is recognized, is turned into a god and his teachings are embellished by generations of followers of followers. This sad development does not change the fact that Jesus, whether the man or the teaching (at least the teaching existed) was a great message. Jesus spoke of a new concept; only the two laws of love, forgiveness and becoming "one with God". This is the "Way" or the "Tao" of that the man Jesus taught. It's bad enough that this "way" became a religious institution at the hands of his less inspired followers. It would have been worse if he had laid out rules and dogma AS IF he INTENDED to start a religion. Jst2laws

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Eckhart tolle

The Power of Now..........I am almost finished reading it. On the last chapter.

purps

• willy_think
    willy_think

Since u ask I'll put my two cents in,

Jesus didn't come here to start a religion or write a book he came to die as the perfect sacrifice of atonement. The Lamb of God only needed to comet the acts he committed. The people who followed him were to teach the word, it is done, and to that end the bible is good and useful for teaching. Jesus was not part of the bullshit that we need to do something, to earn something, or learn something, or be something to receive his grace. It is done. Now all that is left us to do is love each other and be happy. It is done.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Purps

There's a light at the end of that book

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit