an open letter to anasazi

by donald 17 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbit
    lilbit

Hey I thought anasazi was grounded and couldnt post right now

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Scully grounded him for some really hateful, callous posts last night.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Presumably the posts are no longer available for me to read?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

They have been deleted from what I understand.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Scully grounded him for some really hateful, callous posts last night.

I made a pretty nasty comment about him on the Friends thread he started. Me tinks he didn't like em ... called him a little slave and told him to go ahead and waste his life serving OWM in an ivory tower ... etc etc. Then I told him in the nice-nastiest way I could to f**k OFF (please don't be mad at me Scully). Maybe I provoked him just a weeeeee little bit. I can't help it ... I'm a Gemini .... I can get a little fiesty sometimes sweet tee of the "bad aposta-b**ch, bad, bad, bad - class"

• Frog
    Frog

Hi Donald, I've just located your original post with details of what has eventuated in your life to bring you to this point. Firstly, as someone else has already said, you are a grown man and it is entirely your decision as to what step you take in this matter. It seems to me that by soliciting a response from someone who doesn't have a balanced opinion that you will only confuse yourself further. Be assured that you have the feelings of uncertainty for a reason, you've blessed with intelligence and it is your responsibility to openly scrutinise the information you have to make an informed decision.

As many of us here can testify, you absolutely need to stand on your own for a while to gain strength from the empowerment that taking control of your life brings. I guarantee you, you will find more love and consistency outside of the WT than within it, but I realise that is my experience and shouldn't be assumed for everyone.

I think it is a wonderful thing that you have been able to keep your family together in the long run, despite all the pressures in your life. The WT puts far more unnecessary pressure on families than it gives back in support and hope, and you need to think of your family. Many of us here have lost our families to the WT, and we would do anything to be in a situation like yours where you can still have a relationship with the people you love. Forgiveness is so important, especially in light of extreme circumstances.

I have full confidence in you that you will take the path that is best for you, there are no wrong decisions to be made, so don't be afraid. Life is a whole lot of trial and error sometimes, but don't keep walking into a brick wall if it keeps hurting your head:-)

Take care, and please let us know how you are progressing as time goes on. luv from froglett

• donald
    donald

to all who have replied...thank you so much...i cant express in words how much it means to me...ive gotton more encourgment...here than ive gotton in ten years...at the congertion...i will take your words to heart...again...thank you....Donald

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well we are taught as Dubs that anyone outside the congo would just as soon stab you in the gut than help you out. It's really the other way around. The Dub's sense blood in the water and stab you in the back. It's as if you going to do something slightly different shakes their belief...so it must be bad. Don't go stumbling people now.... What would the neighbors think?..... My yoke never felt light in the JW's it felt onorus and smothering....

I left not caring one way or the other if it was true. I had my doubts but when I quit, I was of the mindset I was going to live my life the best I could for ME. And if that wasn't good enough,,,, so be it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit