an open letter to anasazi

by donald 17 Replies latest jw friends

• donald
    donald

Anasazi.......

i read with an open mind your post..i would like you to go to the member directory....click on my name and read my first post...and if you wish read All my post...IF you can explain what has happened to me and my family...by scriptrual terms or not...ill listen...you one chance to bring me back...make good use of it...im not disfellowshipped or have not turned in a letter of disacssotion...but am trying to grasp what has happened ...keep in mind the elders have not called on myself...wife...children..even though weve left the door open to do so

to everyone else who reads this post...same thin..ill listen with an OPEN mind to eithier side...but No matter what...im going back to school...im NOT going to waste my life by being poor and Ignorant...that part ends now....

...thank you for your time...Donald

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Donald - thank you for the inmvite to read your original post - I missed this first time round and found your story most moving.

Most of all I want to commend you for your determination under difficult circumstances to go back to school. I wish you all the very very best of successes with this as you sound like someone who genuinely deserves it.

crumpet x

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Donald,

My two cents: After reading your post, my advise to you is this - You are a grown man with responsibilities. No one has the right to tell you how to live your life, whom to forgive and when and how to act with regard to your wife/ex-wife, children or whomever else. It is obvious from your original post that all the elders care about is controlling people. Where was Jesus in all this? Where was his empathy and compassion as shown in the scriptures? IMO it was totally absent.

By their fruits you will know them. These people bind up heavy burdens upon the R&F and then are not willing to lift them with even a finger, as is evident in your request to help move some boxes because you were sick. If you had asked one of your 'worldly' neighbors they probably would have been happy to do so. You should not subject yourself to this controlling cult any longer. They don't care how low you fall, they will not be there to catch or even comfort you. In fact they would take great pleasure in disfellowhipping you and then spreading gossip about how wicked you are. I know, it happened to me. Even children at my kids school knew the twisted story my ex and the elders put out about me but we didn't/don't let that affect us in any way.

Anastasi appears to be completely brainwashed and ignorant of the facts about the organization and its practices, he cannot see the truth about the organization because it hasn't affected him personally. If he/she is a loyal member then he/she will stand with them and defend them no matter what you say. I myself have defended the org. in the past but that was before I left and was exposed to the hypocrisy of this self proclaimed 'true religion'. Nothing anyone could ever do or say would induce me to go back to that.

One love

Tam

• Satanus
    Satanus

Donald

If you really wanted to go back, i wouldn't try to stop you. Some people need the structure that wt type religions supply. But, i do think that it's better to sink or learn to swim on a person's own. Responsibility for oneself and all that, you know.

S

• donald
    donald

santanus....i did not say i WANTED to go back...i just wish to give someone whos still going one last shot.......donald

• Satanus
    Satanus
    i did not say i WANTED to go back

Yes, i understood that. I meant that if the jw guy was able to reignite your wt fire, i would likely let it burn. In you position of being on this board has exposed you to the other side. So, you can make an informed decision. Or, if someone else really wanted to go back, while i might make some effort at dissausion, if the wt was what they really wanted, then, imo, they are free to do that.

S

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Donald,

I just read your first post for the first time. I really don't know quite what to say just now, I'll have to give your situation some thought and prayer. I've never been a JW but recently started studying with them. My best advice is to take a few weeks to read the New Testament and ask yourself whether the New Covenant, and therefore the Bible is available to you. Or is it just for the 8,000 JWs who believe they are the only anointed Christians alive today?

Or how about John's gospel and Paul's letters to the Galatians and the Romans.

I would advise against being swayed by anyone on this board, that would be an easy way out. You really must take responsibility for yourself, supported by Jehovah's Holy Spirit, to reach your own conclusions. Some scriptures come to my mind that I read recently in a lonely hotel room with only a Gideons Bible for company, so I'm sorry if its not from your preferred translation:

Luke 6:27,28 Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who ill treat you.

Acts 4:10 It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead....Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Acts 1:8 you will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant part of the earth. [my underlining]

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a corresponding ransom for all.

Matthew 25:25 New English Bible

You know that in the world, rulers lord it over their subjects, and their great men make them feel the weight of authority; but it shall not be so with you. Among you, whoever wants to be great, must be your servant.?

Galatians 5:1

It was for freedom that Christ has set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject to a yoke of slavery.?

1 John 5:10-13

The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; and the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life he who has the son has the life These things I have written to you in order that you may know that you have eternal life.

I wish you peace Donald, but please don't make any rash decisions either way.

• franklin J
    franklin J

donald,

missed your introductory post first time around....welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you got hit with both barrells! Whether or not you return to the JW way of life is something that will come to you over time. Do what you must do. I can only say hang in there and please do get your education! What a great example that will set for your children!

I pursued a college education a bit later in life and never regretted it.

Good luck to you.

Frank

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hi Donald,

Not sure whether Anasazi has been blocked or something, which is a shame as I would like to have seen him try to persuade you about what is best.

Some of the Anasazi threads seem to have disappeared, I'm not sure if that is justified, unless he really went beyond the rules for posting on here. Hopefully another JW lurker will tell you why you should remain a JW. Then you can discern the right course.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Hopefully another JW lurker will tell you why you should remain a JW. Then you can discern the right course.

Why would a dub discourage one from remaining in the org. if they truly believe it is the only way to salvation??? DUH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit