The Money Is Drying Up In The Organization!

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mother told me that the congregation has been pretty much begging for money for the local Kingdom Hall. After the Presiding Overseer expressed the state of debt and severe lack on contributions, he then asked the congregation to approve a resolution to send mor money to the Society!!! I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY ARE ABLE TO FUNCTION.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good news. Let it be preached for a w... Ooops. Must be an engram old tape stuck in my brain.

S

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Let them sell off some of their real estate holdings if they're struggling - GEESH! Where is Jehovah's blessing on the org. now??? Close some of those half-empty KH's and have a FIRE SALE (lol).

If they encourgage people to get an education maybe they'd have more money available to support to borganization - oh wait, then too they might be smart enough to leave (tee hee hee).

• minimus
    minimus

Yup, Babylon the Great Has Fallen!

• blondie
    blondie

I'd like to see the accounts on this one. Have had several accounts servants in the family over the years, sometimes they have the money and crying wolf; but then some times it was hitting bottom. I have seen brothers not donate for 6 months, wait for this to happen, then run to the rescue with the money they could have donated during the last 6 months. For example, if they donated $100 monthly but held back until the congregation was $600 in the hole, they would get more bang for their buck.

As hubbie says, JWs vote with their feet and their pocketbook.

Blondie

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Yup, Babylon the Great Has Fallen!

LMAO min!

• blondie
    blondie

Min, perhaps the way they treated your mom has gotten around and this is how some express their opinion.

Blondie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well I suspect that like most people the average elder sees the lack of contributions in the local hall and thinks it is the same everywhere and that the top is in the same boat. I doubt the average elder has any idea of the wealth of the WTS. And I would suspect that the WTS makes regular requests for more money to reinforce this idea they are lacking funds.

oh the control of information just drowns everyone

• Mary
    Mary
    minimus said: After the Presiding Overseer expressed the state of debt and severe lack on contributions, he then asked the congregation to approve a resolution to send mor money to the Society!!!

They did this at our last assembly too. They read the accounts and showed how much in the hole we were (not that I gave a damn or one red cent) but then I could hardly believe my ears when they said that they were sending $500.00 to Mummsy for "the Worldwide Preaching Work". I had only been half-listening anyway (surprise, surprise), but I was totally floored when they said this........I mean, why the hell would you send money to head office when you don't even have enough to cover the weekend expenses??!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

They can go to hell! Even if I was active I wouldn't give a red cent to them. They have caused so much suffering and poverty with their stance on education over the years. People in middle age or over are playing a game of catch-up trying to save money for their retirement!

As Sweet Tea says: They have a dilemma: better educated people make more money - but people who are educated can see through them better but they can't have that. They want ignorant downtrodden adherents. They don't want an educated congregation. They feel educated people can't take counsel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit