Any experience with spirits?

by hartstrings 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fairchild
    fairchild

wow, sirona and sunnygal, NOW you're telling us about the dangers of the ouiji board. It's too late for me now. Sirona, I'd like to hear more about your experiences.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I wonder where these spirits live inside of people? Maybe in a guys nutsack like a baby kangarroo in mamma's pouch.......or inside a womans boob or sumthin....I don't know. If I was a demon...I'd prolly not pick the colon as a hangout spot though.

Gumby

Grumbly, it's easy to figure out where the dimonz do housekeeping in you. Just pic 'n poke a place in the Play Dough.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Thanks for starting this thread heartstrings. I want to know the same thing but didn't know how to ask the question and I believe (perhaps credulously) that the people on this board will tell the truth about their experiences.

I do believe in the supernatrual and hope that there are 'good' spirits out there available to help me in life. But I guess they'll contact me when they/I am ready. As for the ouija board and the like - IXSNAY - I've read discussion boards about them - BAD NEWS! No thanks. I will never allow one of those things in my home. And if I go someone elses house and they have one, or are playing with one, I'll be outta there with a quickness.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Um, ya, my long dead brother, and my grandmother. Bless 'em. Also, seen the light, and the universe. Course, (this line for the skeptics) it could be all my imagynashun.

S

• franklin J
    franklin J

well, not that you can point a finger at...

but when my wife and I were house shopping we stumbled upon this old, decrepit run down home on an enormous overgrown piece of property. It was so bad that the realtor did not want to show it; the front door would not open; so they took us through the back.

Something about the house "spoke" to us. We were caught in its spell. We bought it; and coincidently were the 7th owners (the addressof the house is #7). We found out that just as we were closing on it, the original owner who built the house in 1934, died.

His sons ( who were in their late 70s) came to visit from Monterey California when they heard that we were restoring the house and the gardens. They said their Dad; a famous depression era artist, loved the place; the local newspapers ran articles on its restoration ( it had some famous previous owners) It has been a herculanean task of restoration but the end result was worth it. It is a great piece of architecture and a wonderful place to raise a family.

But the house has some kind of ebulent positive energy about it; it is always smiling and laughing in a most inannimate way. It is a very happy secure place; a wonderful backdrop for children; as it is their laughter that is projected on it. Very hard to explain. I sense something more is present than just my wife; kids ;cat and dog. I almost feeld like I am just passing through; a guest; a caretaker.

Sounds weird; but there is another prescence ( a positive one) there....a ghost; or residue energy; I do not know. JWs would say demons....but so far , no one has heard or seen anything out of the ordinary....

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

This was a sincere question, I'm not trying to make fun of it. I usually don't care for anecdotal proof, but I figured I would ask anyway.

You have to wonder why people are so fascinated with the spirit world. Is it all an urban legend? Are all these people making it up or are they really experiencing the supernatural world in their lives? If it is real, then I am forced to face all that comes with the unknown. I've been so gullible for so long (being in an organization that I truly believed) that I HATE facing this issue and trying to trust again.

I do appreciate all of your sincere honesty and candor.

HS

• blondie
    blondie

Just the alcoholic kind. If there are demons, they leave me alone. There are enough living, human demons to deal with.

Blondie

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes I have had experience with the supernatural. One scary experience when I was a child (I was not yet a JW). In my teen years before JW I played with a ouija board. It was creepy. I also felt my childhood house was haunted. When I became a JW and learned about the demons I certainly believed it. I knew they were real and I was afraid.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Just the alcoholic kind. If there are demons, they leave me alone. There are enough living, human demons to deal with.

same here. i have attempted to investigate the "supernatural" (ouija boards, demon metal, haunted houses), and i have never experienced anything that could not be explained naturally. i am not denying the experiences of others as real, but i am also asserting that mine were as well real. if there was a gust of wind or the sounds of foot steps in a haunted house, others in the group would immediately conclude in their minds that it was supernatural, and get freaked out. i stayed calm, however, open to the possibility that there are strange physical processes at work in these old houses. i came out of the experiences unimpressed (where others were greatly impressed), and still a skeptic.

also, try using a ouija board blindfolded (with someone else recording results), it mostly all comes out total jibberish, IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit