Any experience with spirits?

by hartstrings 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Have you ever had experience with the supernatural?

Thanks,

HS

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Nope

• Honesty
    Honesty

Here I go hitting on this topic to learn how to make some new mixes to go with Mr. Daniels and Mr. Walker and you wanna know about the supernatural.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

I was always trained growing up in the "truth" to believe that if you watch or read material concerning the supernatural you would have basically invited the spirit world into your home. So, as I sit here watching "Medium," I was wondering if I will have new "friends."

HS

• PinTail
    PinTail

If I told you about my dealings with the spirit realm you would not belive me anyway.

Like one time seen a Troll Doll running across the floor in my kitchen and there he was on the table, then he hopped over my glass of orange juice and ate my oat meal, after that I sprayed him with "Shout Stain Remover", he said thanks and ran and jumped into a rabbit hole outside to feed his head.

Afterwards I told the elders, they then accused me of smoking a doobie, and I was marked as a bad publisher, I cried better tears over this.

It has been sixteen years since the last time I seen that Troll Doll run across the floor, but once in a while he will" crawl under the covers of me and my wifes bed at night, and my wife thinks its me, but I tell her latter that it was not me cause the watch tower said that as Christians we should not do those things in our marriage because it will make us unclean.

You know I envy that Troll Doll". Shane

• alw
    alw

hartstrings, i dont know if you will believe this but it is true.

when i was about 19, 3 of my friends and me used a ouija board to contact the spirits, just for a laugh.

a laugh we did not have.

while the glass was moving about the alphabet spelling out indecipherable words the glass suddenly rose up in the air, none of us were touching it by now and it shattered.we all nearly died of fright.

les whos house we were in said his mum would kill him if she finds out we have released a spirit in her house, he said to us pleadingly "what can i do?" one of the others said quick as a flash, MOVE OUT!.

mr.alw

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hartstrings,

Yes, I've had some experiences with spirits (and usually I take some flack on this forum from the skeptics!).

You mentioned that "watching things" or reading books on the subject would invite a spirit into your house. I don't believe that idea at all. Just simply considering the subject (or watching spooky films) doesn't necessarily attract them because think about it - there are so many people watching such things, why would the spirits flock to every single person's home who watches this stuff?

It is my belief that there are factors which attract spirits to you and these factors are: 1. your natural ability to see or sense them (they are attracted to those who can) 2. Your path for this life. By that I mean - is it necessary for you to communicate or experience such things in this lifetime for some purpose? Closely linked to these two things is your spiritual practice (however I tend to believe that those who don't focus on spiritual things are likely those who don't need to be (consciously) in touch with spirit in this life, hence they choose not to be involved with spiritual things in this life).

If you want experiences with spirits, a word of warning - don't go down the ouija board route. The ouija is a quick way to attract them (assuming they can be bothered LOL) but you'll be attracting the wrong type of spirits. I'm led to believe that the type of spirit who communicates through an (unprotected) ouija board is a type of lower entity who may have an agenda which will not benefit you.

Spirits who are "from God" - a term which I use very loosely but that is the only way to explain it - usually would communicate with those to whom it is appropriate at the time, and usually with a specific purpose.

Sirona

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I was always trained growing up in the "truth" to believe that if you watch or read material concerning the supernatural you would have basically invited the spirit world into your home. So, as I sit here watching "Medium," I was wondering if I will have new "friends."

HS, fear is a powerful tool that "Jehovah, the Sky God" has used for centuries to intimidate his followers.........threats and intimidation has always been a major way that the patriarchal system has used to keep us from connecting with the feminine "creative" side of life. Remember the scripture where J says he is a "jealous god"? Should give you a big clue. That said, I've been actively studying tarot and other forms of "spiritism" for over 6 years now and have books and other items in my home and have NEVER had a problem. On the other hand, when I was a dub, for 25 years, I was constantly fearful of "deeminz". It feels good to be rid of those fears at long last!!! I also want to say that I do believe there is positive energy and negative energy and that used incorrectly, it can cause problems. The Ouija board is one "tool" I would NOT use. I think that it connects with a realm that contains negative energy that can be very harmful. Even mature mediums warn against it. I think that the proper attitude is necessary when tapping into such things and that it should be done only in the best and highest good for all parties concerned. Something else to keep in mind is this: Energy flows both ways and whatever you put out, will come back to you in the same measure. Terri

• fairchild
    fairchild
    when i was about 19, 3 of my friends and me used a ouija board to contact the spirits, just for a laugh.

alw, I definitely believe your story. I had a similar experience while I was in college. We used the ouiji board frequently, it was just something fun to do. On one of those occasions, about 6 of us were sitting around the table. We touched the glass for over an hour and nothing happened. Two people got bored and took their finger off the glass, 4 were still trying. All of a sudden, the lights went on and off several times, a 'wind' came through the room and everything started rattling. It seemed right out of a S. King movie. The table was shaking violently and the ouiji board went flying all over the place. It went on for no longer than a minute, but we were all scared to death. We never said a word about this to anyone, and I have not touched a ouiji board since that day.

• gumby
    gumby

I guess some people think there are millions of spirits, all sittin on their arses watching us earthlings, hoping someone will use a quija board or do something that will invite theses spirits to live inside you somewhere so the little evil bastards will have a home as most of them are homeless and hafta sleep out in the cold.

I wonder where these spirits live inside of people? Maybe in a guys nutsack like a baby kangarroo in mamma's pouch.......or inside a womans boob or sumthin....I don't know. If I was a demon...I'd prolly not pick the colon as a hangout spot though.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit