by prophecor 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

Welcome Scrappycat. Don't think we have met

I is the beauty here

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<see

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dang, I thought this thread was about the movie.
    We only have automated ones and self-service power-washers, here.
    Moving swiftly on...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have mixed emotions about this. While on the one hand I applaud anybody working hard to make it, I certainly am not going to feel guilt. I used to feel awful about those tearjerker commercials about children in third world countries - but that was long before the days of outsourcing of jobs and massive illegal immigration here.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I don't feel guilty, but I do feel like it's a luxury. Whenever I can afford it, I have my car washed and vaccuumed by other people. My life is very busy with a full time job and 4 kids so time is precious to me. Also I am already worn out by trying to keep the house clean at home.

I respect anyone who works hard, and tip when I can if they deserve it.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

We go to Mexico about once every two years...if I'm lucky, once a year! I love it there.

One trip, I sat down and asked for a shoeshine "lustre por favor". They guy turned to look at my shoes and found flipflops! He looked up at me quizically, and I grinned and gave him a sizeable tip. He laughed and said something "muchas gracias gringa tonto " Thankyou silly foreign woman. He was laughing and chuckling as we walked away. I made his moment, maybe even his day! I'd much rather give a tip and a smile to someone even if I'm not using their services, than to someone begging on the street.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

me and my hubby had a discussion about something similar the other night. we both agreed that this is a free country (to a degree) and anyone can better themselves if they really want too. from the mexican (if they're legal) cleaning your car to the elderly black man shining your shoes. there are grants, scholarships, and loans all waiting for someone to snatch them up. nobody is forced to stay on the bottom of the food chain. and you must also consider that what they're making here in america is probably considered big bucks back in mexico. so don't feel bad. i'm mexican and i feel no guilt letting my fellow burrito buff my hood and neither should you.

luv, kitty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit