I finally did it...

by Hecklerboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I finally went and did something I've always wanted to do growing up as a witness. I joined a Karate class. Man it is great. I've been in it for about 2 months. It's a great workout and I'm picking it up pretty quick. All those lies they told us about it being violent and religious is way off. They teach self-defense only and respect of others.

I go for my yellow belt test this weekend. Wish me luck!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

good luck!

ps. you have a pm

• kls
    kls

Congratulations Heckler and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Congratulations, Hecklerboy! My son wants to take the Karate class too, but we are going to have to wait until after we move. I took him to a demonstration, and you are right, it's not about the violence and I saw nothing to tie it to religion either.

Just another dub lie.....

At any rate, though, Congratulations again!! Good luck on the yellow belt!

Jeannie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Congratulations friend....

(i have to call you friend now you are on your way to being a trained killer, how dare you for not beating your swords into a plowshears)

On a serious note however....good for you...keep up the training regime...

DB74

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

RIGHT ON, Heckler !!! WoooHooo !!!!!

~Merry (of the why-am-i-required-to-scream-but-forbidden-to-learn-defense class)

• under74
    under74

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and glad you found yourself a good hobby.

• delilah
    delilah

Happy Birthday Heckler... and good luck with your Karate.....and i agree with Merry, why is it that we are to scream and yell, yet not defend ourselves??? Makes no sense to me, that's why my daughter was in boxing for over three years. She did very well too and now I have piece of mind knowing she can defend herself.......

Dee

• Swan
    Swan
    I go for my yellow belt test this weekend.

"As quickly as you can, snatch the pebble from my hand."

• love11
    love11

That's great! Glad to see you enjoying life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit