Did You Get All "Giddy" When You Saw A Fellow JW???

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I used to embarrassingly get a kick out of going to the conventions and seeing JW families proudly displaying their songbooks and literature strategicially placed in their automobiles for all to see. Some even woyld display YHWH in their windows. Meanwhile everyone in the car would watch to see if other Witnesses would notice and give them a joyful wave. Then there were the JWs that would go on vacation and prominently show their Watchtower and Awakes on the beach or by the pool to see if there were any other "brothers" also on vacation......Was it just me or did you notice such things too??

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I was to busy yelling at my kids on the way to assembly. I'd get giddy after the sessions were over, with the help of John Daniels. He's a fine brother.

Dismembered

Cripes!

• minimus
    minimus

Is he related to Jack??

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Yeah, I used to get all giddy during my first year as a cult associate. Then I got baptized, and the love bombing stopped almost immediately. Once I realized the initial interest in me was merely a recruitment tactic I'd resent seeing other JWs when I went places.

Walter

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i know what you mean minimus. It was a bit of a buzz.

I get giddy when i see JWs now! In fact I was in Edinburgh yesterday and walking up to the houses of parliament for a tour when I spotted a couple walking in front of us and I whispered to my B/F - I bet you they are JWs.

And what do you know but ten steps further up the road they ring a door bell marked Kingdom Hall - must be a hidden one in an upstairs flat. It was 10.20 and they were sure walking slowly and it was so obvious they were trying to miss as much of the public talk as possible! LOL!

Hey maybe they are already on this board!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

This brings back so many memories. While growing up, I couldn't wait for the ass-emblies. As we were loading the car, I would stack bibles and other literature in the back window, so I could prop the Watchtower and Awake magazines so they would be prominently displayed for all to see and recognize. All during the trip, we would look to see who else had literature in their back window, and wave back and forth when we saw those who did. Looking back, I was such a Dork...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That's funny, Crumpet!

I remember back in my day as a JW, there were several of us who boasted that no matter where we were we could always spot another one of "us". And we always seemed to be able to, just like you did there. But I think I turned that radar off a long time ago and now they'd have to hit me over the head with a bookbag for me to take any notice. I'm a bit oblivious these days.

I also remember the assembly trip excitement, noticing others on the road and feeling almost as if we were on our way into paradise at that very moment!

~Merry

• minimus
    minimus

The thing is-----JWs felt all warm and fuzzy----being weird.

• unique1
    unique1

I used to do that, Carry a WT or Awake with me to the beach or whatever, hoping to meet a good looking Witness guy, cause there weren't any in my congregation. But I usually just attracted the psycho JW's so I stopped that. Oddly enough, I still attract psychos without the help of the WT and Awake, so maybe it is just a personality thing. I just lucked up finding my husband (good looking AND not psychotic).

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Definately got giddy.....especially if she was gorgeous....

Come on I was 16!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit