Directed By Holy Spirit My Ass !!!

by Big Jim 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

Dont you think that it is stupid when you hear the Dubs say that all appointments are made by the Jehovahs Holy Spirit?

How many times have you heard of Elders/MS etc. that were commiting all sorts of wrong doings while at the same time serving and passing judgement on others.

I remember when I was appointed MS there was a brother that was appointed at the same time, that accepted the assignment and served for almost a year before they found out he was commiting adultery all the while.

Then you have the pedophiles that operate within the congregation some being elders etc.

I know for a fact that I could be a fornicator/drug user/closet queer/ are anything bad and keep it secret and I could move up the ranks as high as I pleased.

Hell I could even be a undercover apostate/fornicator/all of the above and still get appointed if I kissed enough ass.

I could pioneer and lie about the hours,they would never figure it out. Who starts any bible studys anyways. According to my last survey 99.9% of us came in from family brain washing.

Anyways I just had to let off some steam.

• philo
    philo

MS, Elders, POs, COs, DOs, BOs, WT directors: they all do it...masterbate, that is.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

philo

• Moxy
    Moxy

well jesus personally appointed judas after spending the entire night praying over the matter and the holy spirit apparently knew way the hell in advance that judas would be a traitor. so i guess the holy spirit is not all that reliable.

i know, i know, jehovah didnt know it was judas SPECIFICALLY just someone. how does THAT work? and dont get me started on 'selective foreknowledge'

mox

• alamb
    alamb

I agree.
    15 years ago I questioned an elder as to how an elder I knew could have been a pedophile and served as an elder for over 30 years, dying as an elder. Only after his death did victims come forward.

I asked how he could sit on committees and offer prayers in behalf of God's people where the Holy Spirit was OBVIOUSLY in control. What bearing did his little secret have on judicial cases he presided over? That also explained why none of his three daughters stayed with the organization. They were grown and gone when he came to our hall and no one questioned anything or thought they had reason to. Were they viewed as stumbled sheep or apostates? And where did the fault lie in either case?

I didn't get an answer.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Moxy,

Ooooooooh yeah, that 'selective foreknowledge' always irritated the hell out of me, too. Basically it means that God doesn't know what he knows. Or, he knows but blocks it out. Thing I always wondered is, how does he know which parts to block out and which to let himself in on?

What a joke.

Dedalus

• Moxy
    Moxy

haha, good explanation dedalus. i imagine jehovah starts wondering to himself about the future and then when he starts to see too much he covers his ears and says, "LAA LAA LAA!! I AM NOT LIST-EN-ING!!! LAA LAAA!!"

mox

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Big Jim,
    While I agree with you on this subject I must express my opinion on the following statement you made in your post.

"I know for a fact that I could be a fornicator/drug user/closet queer/ are anything bad and keep it secret and I could move up the ranks as high as I pleased."

As a gay man I must object to the fact that you lumped "queer" (very derogatory term by the way, I prefer the term Big Fag) in with fornicators and drug users. Since I have no reason to believe otherwise I will assume that this was an innocent lapse of judgement on your part.

Take care,
    jjs

Opinions are like a**holes. We've all got one and most of them stink.

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

JJS

Pardon my poor choice of words I guess I could have said closet fag are closet gay are a person that putts from the ruff.

And thanks for your reply.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

I think YOU are going over board with this? Jehovah appoints whom he wants to. If the brother is not qualify then Jehovah will take care of it. Read the book of Malachi. The Priests was appointed by Jehovah however they were corrupt. Yet, Jehovah used them.

• blondie
    blondie

On a lighter note, when I saw Big Jim's heading, all I could think of was Balaam's ass that spoke by holy spirit, at least that's what it says. Jehovah can make an ass speak (I'm not calling anyone an ass, thank you.):)
    :D:D:D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit