a few ?'s

by carla 12 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11
    If you didn't have any friends or family 'in', what would keep you? fear of the big A?

A strong belief that the org. is right in their doctrine and that the people seem to be so moral that it has to be god's org.

The truth is, this is just the courtship period. They will be on their best behavior in front of your husband. Sometimes it's hard to see the disfunction if you want to believe that they have the truth.

I would say that it seems like your husband is going through a spiritual crisis and thinks that this is for him. Unfortunetly, many fall prey to their tactics and lose their real family and friends in the process.

If it is the truth, why such fear at looking at anything not sactioned by the wt?

Because it is a cult. The kingdom hall (kh) may look like a business meeting is going on and the people are always so friendly with each other.

Don't be fooled. I remember going to the kh and in the parking lot my dad would be smacking my mom's face, but we all dried our tears and we acted like a happy family. Smiling and joking with people. I try to look at the positives now. At least it taught me how to be a good actress. My best friend just recently told me that she would be punched by her dad. He was an elder (also part of the 144,000) and he would tell her, at 15 years old, to go lay down on the bed with your clothes off so I can spank you. He just was getting his kicks. The point is, I've known her since I was 3 years old and I never knew this. I thought she had the most perfect life, her parents were always buying expensive things and they seemed so classy. In front of me, her mom would talk so sweet to her, but in private she would rave like a madwoman. She was bi-polar and no one knew about it. No one would have guessed. I saw them recently at the park, wearing their Ralph Lauren and Marshall Fields clothes. I just wanted to yell at them- you child abusers! Anyways, they can hide it well because they are taught how superior of a human being they are from the rest of humankind.

If your husband is this adament about going to the hall, maybe you should try reverse psychology and act like he is making some good points, play into his ego like they are. Then when he trust your judgement again, start saying little things like, why do you think they do that? I don't understand what's so wrong with that. Also, tell him to see how the lowest person on the "totom pole" is treated, it sometimes is a good indicator of things. Try and keep all religions open as an option. Since he has been in it for 2 years the brain washing has already started. I would suggest that the family seek a professional to deal with this. IMHO

• paws
    paws

Yes.....I have felt great regret about introducing the org and its teachings to others including my children.

One young lovely couple in particular come to mind because the wife is fighting breast cancer that has not been helped by the past difficulties brought into her marriage by the org and indeed some individual JW personalities. The husband who studied first has now been encouraged to 'open his eyes' by my example and so is now 'free' but much damage has been done for which I have felt responsible.

However, I have to remind myself that I would never have been so presumptuous as to attempt to direct their spiritual journey had I not whole-heartedly believed it all.

Self-forgiveneness is my key as well as forgiveness for the org who led me into the situation using emotional blackmail (death and destruction)

Paws

• rebel8
    rebel8

Carla, I never got anyone "in", although I would feel heartbroken today if I had. Although I was forced "in" myself (as a kid) and left when I was legally able to make my own decisions, I still feel deeply guilty for ever going out in FS or doing anything that had a positive reflection on the WTS. I have made all amends possible to those that I could, apologizing to them for cooperating with my JW mother's wishes. I also do a lot of anti-witnessing these days and hope to "make up" for any of the positive things I ever said in dubdom.

I personally can't answer your other questions, because I've been "out" too long to know what the current practice/belief is on those issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit