WHAT WOULD YOU WANT YOUR GRAVE STONE TO SAY?

by new boy 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I want a picture of me on my tombstone with those eyes that follow you around. That would be kewl.

GH

• lilbit
    lilbit

I want to be made into a diamond after I die http://www.lifegem.com/

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

If you were to die at Bethel, you would be buried at the Farm. Some bethelites referred to the burial site as the 'launching pad'.

If written by a JW:

"Here lies .... Oh, who the hell cares"

"He wasn't even worth bird food"

My memory will live on among those that loved me.

• Purza
    Purza

I haven't given much thought to what it would say. But me and my fiancee will stop at old cemetaries just to view the headstones. I saw a double heart headstone once and I told him that WE had to have that one. LOL So at least I will know what it will look like.

Purza

• blondie
    blondie

I never wanted to be buried in the ground, just burned and my ashes tossed in the Pacific. No need for a grave stone (expensive!).

Here are some that others used:

Here lies an Atheist
    All dressed up
    And no place to go.

She always said her feet were killing her
    but nobody believed her.

Here lies the body
    of Jonathan Blake
    Stepped on the gas
    Instead of the brake.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

She was Good.

She was Bad.

She gaves us all she Had.

I really rather be cremated......with no fuss at all.........I wish there would not even be a funeral. They are so stressful.

She is dead, she is gone.......we all go on.

• Quentin
    Quentin

How can you understand a thing unless you know it.

How can you know a thing unless you understand it.

I'm about to find out.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

An old cemetery near me has gravestones from 1850 and on. I have pics if you want to see them...........but the one that really got me is.............

"Remember youth as you pass by. Where I am...you shall be. Prepare for death and follow me".

It is the tombstone of a young 21 year girl who died in 1861.

HappyDad

• fairchild
    fairchild

The thought of a gravestone crosses my mind from time to time. I've always wondered what they will do with me when I'm dead. I don't have any family at all around here, and I don't know where my family is anyways. I wonder what they do with people like me.

If I had a choice, I would like to be buried in my garden, but I guess that's against the law.

• bebu
    bebu

fairchild, if you get planted in a garden, you think you will sprout in the spring? Bone sprouts, instead of bean sprouts? Of course, you'd make sure they were organic!!

One epitaph I saw once, I liked:

Shed not for her the bitter tear
    Nor loan the heart to vain regret
    Tis but the rubble that lies here
    The gems within this sparkle yet

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit