Giving your life for a Brother or Sister, would you have done it?

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

sadly, i must admit, there was a time when i would have given my life for any bro or sis. after all, i always had the ressurection, what would it matter!

it makes me sick to the stomach now to think of how little i valued life back then because of some mythology.

• franklin J
    franklin J

once while out in service in a bad neighborhood, two older sisters got out of the car on a return visit and one left her pocketbook in the car with me; she told me to guard her money with my life; and I responded that if a crook came I would give him every penny of her money....she replied

"well frank, you will be resurrrected; but my money...." she had a sense of humor and fortunately so did I.

But give my life for any of those " fanatics" ?

No.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Yes I would....My real Brothers and real Sister!

None of those people I would have given my life to. I do not consider them to be anything but a waste of space!

Brooke

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I'm not sure if I ever could have actually done it. Only if it were a child of mine. But in the early days we liked to hope that we could. How idealistic and unreal of us!

Fast forward to now:

After what I have been through and with people there who wouldn't even say hello this question is actually a bad joke. The question is: would they die for me? Most certainly not and I don't want or expect anybody to. Let's just cut the crap.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Since I truly was brainwashed...Yes. Now...Yes

• freedom96
    freedom96

I believe that without a doubt that most witnesses would not give their life for another witness, especially a stranger. I remember this being talked about on stage before, but come on, who are we kidding?

Give our life for a loved one, like a spouse or child, sure, but some other witness at the hall, or a complete stranger. I don't think so.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That's just a saying. I doubt anybody would really give their life for somebody else. I sure wouldn't.

DY

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

in my heart i know i would have done........but that was when i thought they woulda done it for me

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

JH, I have to disagree with you here. I was one of those that would have died for my brothers and sisters. It's that same attitude of self sacrifice that led me to Bethel service. When you really believe in something, like I did, you are not afraid of a temporary loss of life. To a lesser degree that is the attitude that a person has to have to pioneer or go to Bethel. Sacrificing now for something that a person thinks is more important than onesself. So I would say that the ones who would die, are the ones who truly believe. (Kind of like the suicide bomber. Though they are misguided, they obviously truly believe in what they are doing.)

zugz

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i was a dub, i would have loved to do that. It was a way out w a guaranteed resurrection. Guess i was a bit suicidal.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit