Sitting in the dinning area at the assembly a no no?

by bronzefist 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
  • kls
    kls

I don't no,no,,,

• sandy
    sandy

I am sure someone would tell you that it is not allowed.

Another no no is walking through the halls mindlessly during the session.

• Rod P
    Rod P

How do we comment if you don't say anything?

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Ooops.

Anyway, sometimes this "rule" is enforced....sometimes not. Went to see a couple of good friends.

Just before the start of the program I was asked to leave the dinning area.

"Do you have a seat in the main hall?"

Duh! I had all my things next to me. "You're not going to make me leave are you?"

"I have my orders."

"Orders from Jehovah?" me.

After giving me "the look". "From his mouthpiece."

"Oh.... orders from there. No wonder you want to follow orders."

He mumbled something under his breath. "Excuse me?" I asked him.

"I'm just following orders."

"You do that well." I said, then left the assembly hall. Pay Attention to How You Listen.....program.

Does this happen everywhere?

• blondie
    blondie

This reminds of the policy practiced in some KHs where they rope or block off 2 or more rows in the back. JWs have a propensity to avoid sitting in the first 3 or 4 rows.

In assembly halls, people tend to sit in the dining area for the same reason. The brothers in charge of seating want to leave that for overflow seating, supposedly. So as long as there is adequate seating in the main auditorium, they will not let anyone sit it the dining area. They say that people talk too much back there and don't pay attention and eat during the sessions.

Of course, it doesn't matter that you have a family of four and can't find 4 seats together because of the JW seat-saving phenomenon. Or that you want to sit near the back, near the restroom, because you have restless children. Or that you prefer having a surface to put your books on. Or that the AC doesn't blow across your neck in that area.

I have seen families just quietly sit there, daring the attendants to throw them out. Freedom is nothing left to lose.

Blondie

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Like I've said this "rule" isn't always enforced at this assembly hall. I've always felt it was the CO or DO that was behind the call. At this particular hall there is no eating or drinking allowed at the seating area since they did a remodel. This leads to a wild dash for seats after the baptism. Could be like the "no saving seats" rule.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

As all JW rules are selectively enforced.

Some CO's / DO's take the stand of "Does it affect the message being given?" No - let it be. But these guys are in the minority. Most of them are self absorbed and think that whatever they think is right is the God's truth.

Evil Force of the haven't been to an ASSembly for over 15 years.

• alw
    alw

never ever was anyone allowed to sit in dining room while meet was in progress.

blondie put me in mind of when i was a hall servant ,and we too like every hall had the prob that the front rows were never used so we tried all sorts of tricks.

first we roped off the last 2 rows, bros just unhooked them and sat their family down.

next we asked the bros to please sit as far forward as possible,yeeeaaahhh right.

then we were told to remove the rear 3 rows of seats. that worked well, not! when the habitual late comers arrived i had to go get more seats from the back room where they were hidden, or the dubs were just going to go home, what a schamuzzle.it caused more disruption than anything.

freedom of choice? i dont think so. mr.alw

• Frog
    Frog

There's always an MS walking around with a sign saying "please take your seats", "quiet please", "keep moving"...those areas outside the main arena are usually designated for "mothers with babies", old people, or unholy disfellowhipped people that no-one wants to sit next to...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit