A BIBLE STUDY CONCERNING A GOD-GIVEN PLANT

by acadian 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Ohiocowboy.......ya dam redneck bastard you

I think it all boils down to moderation and not abusing anything.

Now then.....explain to me if you would, WHY moderation needs to be used. What is moderation exactly? What if I smoke 3 joints a day.....is that moderation? Is it twice a year? Is it once a week in the evenings on a weekend? What happens if one uses it daily?

You don't have to answer bud, ....but I want to make a point. Does the daily use of Marijuana effect a persons life for the worse?

Gumby

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

kls....Rufff!!!

(BTW, I call this dog the "English dog" because he teaches you English idioms like "Rain on your parade" while you ride the subway in Tokyo).

• gumby
    gumby

Satanus.....your dube is rolled now.........come and get it.........and bring a couple of beers!

Gumby

*takes 3 hits before he gets there*

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

As with everything in life there is no concrete answer Gumby.

All drugs affect people differently. So a daily joing to some person's physiology would be ok, whereas to someone else's can overwhelm the nervous system.

Smoking daily will cause lung cancer like cigarettes. Drinking a few glasses of wine everyday will hurt your liver. Will one glass a day hurt? Not most people, but some will be overwhelmed by this. Asian psysiology is unique when it comes to metabolising alcohol, and for that matter dairy products.

So moderation is a "tough" issue to define. Generally if you can go 6 weeks without a substance...without ill effect, night sweats, etc. Or for that matter even missing it. You are probably ok. I have seen some alcoholics that go 6 weeks without using it "to prove" to themselves that they can. They then reason...well I didn't drink for 6 weeks, I'm fine, and then go on a month long bender.

Young People Ask " Why isn't life all hard and fast rules? "

• Satanus
    Satanus

Can't wait, can ya? Thanks, anyway. Be right over

S

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hey....I'm a master member now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gumby
    gumby

Happy Master Member dude!

As with everything in life there is no concrete answer Gumby.

I think you summed up the matterrather fairly. Everyone reacts different to drugs/food.

As far as the effects from it being used as a barometer for health issues, many things in life can cause health issue equal to the effects of marijuana, yet it goes unspoken of or given little relevance. Mopping floors with ammonia everyday isn't to spiffy either for the lungs, yet a do-gooder will still see marijuana usage as a sin against the body and mind.......but not mopping up floors with ammonia.

Gumby.....who ain't no stinking janitor either!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Gumby,

Exactly...

Fundies get so wrapped up in their argument they miss the point. So if I prescribe Vicodin to a patient to control pain it is a synthetic opoid... meaning opium. But to prescribe a pill or other form of THC whether smoking it or swallowing it is vile. A drug, is a drug, is a drug.

If any drug is misused... it is wrong, whether it be wacky weed, alcohol, prescription drugs, recreational drugs etc....

Drug Limbaugh amonst other miss use pain killers all the time. So should we ban their use too?!?

• acadian
    acadian

Thanks everybody who participated in this post!

Ohiocowboy, you got the point that I was trying to make, that God gave man the right to use or not, as it was given to us. It?s our God given Individual right to partake of anything God has provided us!?:

Ohiocowboy:
    ?We were given these things including marijuana to eat. It is then up to us to decide whether we want to eat it or not, but the option is there, as it was given to us.?

Genesis 1:29-31
    29 And God went on to say: ?Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food. 30 And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food.? And it came to be so.
    31 After that God saw everything he had made and, look! [it was] very good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day.

Just for clarification I found this study on the net, it was interesting and thought provoking, and looking at it with the perspective, that, how can man prohibit anything God has said is good, what right do I have telling you what to eat or what form of medical treatment you should receive or what form of medicine you use whether Herbal or Pharmaceutical. No that?s not my right?is it your?s?

Kind Regards
    Acadian

• Ticker
    Ticker

I think its kind of a funny upbeat post. It made me chuckle anyway, and yes the reasoning is very watchtower like. lmao Oh well thats what makes it so funny.

Ticker

"Cough cough, thats good God given herb" lmao

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit