A BIBLE STUDY CONCERNING A GOD-GIVEN PLANT

by acadian 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

you don't what your talking about mr. marjunans makes people have demons because it lets your mind lose controll of itself and that is signal for the demons to say hey this guys mind ihas no protection so lets go in and take his mind over. i bet you are one who smokes marywanna and thats why you want us to smoke it so we can be like you and have demnons. i bet god would be happy to talk to you but i bet the devil would even be happyer. i hope you find god before the devil will not let you go and i pray for your soul to escape hell

Gumby

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well Acadian....

You reasoning is not exactly sound as you are taking scripture completely out of context and applying it to your specific cause. Also, by your arguments that we must accept it because of Genesis etc, then we must accept everything in the O.T. You've learned the WTBS style of teaching well and are trying to build a case for your argument.

While the good ole, wacky weed has some good uses....it is not the cure all medicinal mana from heaven. I think it has gotten a bad rap as a drug demon to be sure. I enjoy the stuff once in a blue moon...(bout once a year or so). As a doctor I see no difference between this drug and a handful of prescription drugs.... a drug, is a drug, is a drug. So if the weed helps cancer patients out for pain, by god let's use it.

However I have seen plenty of examples of people over-induldging in the plant as well. As with alcohol a little bit here and there is ok in my book. But the biggest defenders of it's use tend to be "pot heads" who can't get by for a few hours without their fix. The potential for abuse is high, as with alcohol.

While I feel it is ok for people to do what they want in the privacy of their own homes, I am not of the ilk to legalize it and tax it. Just drop enforcement of a bad policy that wastes money and resources. As with alcohol if people smoke weed 90% will use in moderation...it's the other 10% we need to worry about.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    You reasoning is not exactly sound as you are taking scripture completely out of context and applying it to your specific cause. Also, by your arguments that we must accept it because of Genesis etc, then we must accept everything in the O.T. You've learned the WTBS style of teaching well and are trying to build a case for your argument.

And that's exactly what I like about the post. I don't know if it was done as a parody or seriously, but it uses the same logic that the WTS uses to support if not contruct most of their doctrines. It reminds me a little of that brilliant post done a while ago on why JWs should not own dogs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

RevGumbly

I can tell that you are 'in the spirit' at the moment. Can you roll one say a prayer for me too. Thanks.

Humbly,

S

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

BTW, I tried some White Castle burgers yesterday. You definitely have to on the stuff to actually crave them.

• kls
    kls

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The irony of Satanus and Gumby being given a lecture on Mary Jane absolutely cracks me up - LOL

Leo:
    The one about cats was pretty cool, too
    Was that Naeblis? Gawd I miss his wit!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I can kinda see where Acadian is coming from. We were given these things including marijuana to eat. It is then up to us to decide whether we want to eat it or not, but the option is there, as it was given to us. Yes, there are many plants that are deadly, and will make you sick, but these same plants, prepared certain ways before ingested, can have many healing properties. Anything ingested out of moderation can be harmful, but if used in moderation, can provide to be beneficial. Where do you think many of the ingredients in the drug companies pills and medications come from? I think it all boils down to moderation and not abusing anything.

• kls
    kls

Leolaia, your Avatar looks just like my dog,,,lol

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The whole God wants you to do this,,and God wants you to do that,,and God wants you to be happy,,and God wants you to be sad,,is rediculous....When any body wants to tell you what God wants give him a kick in the can and see if you can wake him up. He is obviously dellusional or an out right liar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit