do i have any rights?

by zaphod 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

dan...i think the data protection act in uk stops them from holding on file anything other than child abuse info...even jc info has to be committed to memory now...however its been a couple of years since i was privvy to this info so not sure what latest instructions are...maybe someone with latest will post shortly

zaphod..i woulda studied with your boys (and not cos i was pioneer and so got to count my time)..i studied with lotsa fatherless boys but not just studied..had them over for evenings played football etc played music watched vids went to movies took on hols bought their 1st suits...then the elders accused me of using them for homosexual practices.....bastards....it absolutely wasnt true

• zaphod
    zaphod

i don't want to sound like a suspicious bitch, but since i left, you understand, i have learned to not take things or people at face value.

i read your admission thread and you did not mention this accusation of child abuse/ homosexuality at all. do you not feel that it was important enough to mention? it just seems a bit weird to me that you would not mention it when the rest of your account seems so candid.

zaphod

• Scully
    Scully

Actually, I think they have the laws of the land (Caesar's laws) on their side, especially if you used the public mail system to facilitate sending the letter.

Once you drop a letter into a mailbox, it basically becomes the property of the addressee. If you can find a way to intercept it between the time that the postman delivers the letter and the time the addressee gets it in their hands, you might have a chance, provided you don't get caught doing it.

Actions have consequences, and unfortunately it appears that you will have to live with the ones you set in motion. The only thing you might be able to do is write a new letter, apologizing for misinforming them (you can say new information came to light, that you acted rashly and hastily or under the duress of high emotions/stress/anguish) and that you wish to formally retract all statements in the previous letter. Send it via registered mail so you have proof of receipt. Always, always, always retain a copy of any correspondence you've sent to the WTS or any of its representatives.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i mentioned it on other threads...just bits at a time...was too traumatic to write all at once...i am also at this time in discussions with elders in my most recent kh who are willing to pursue the slanderous accusations and the effect they had on me.....but you are right..you do not know me so you do not have to believe me...and i am more than resigned to the fact that people will believe what they want to regardless of how much information they have...and i am also aware that the reasons for some adopting this attitude is by way of protecting themselves because of the way they have personally been treated..i wish you success in finding a solution or coming to terms with your present predictament...ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit