JWs thoughts on Hell

by Oxnard Hamster 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

The JWs don't believe Hell, as in the place where evil people are tortured for eternity, exists. They reason that a loving God would not send his own creation to be tormented for eternity.

Yet on the flipside, the JWs preach that in 1914 (Yeah, you all know this arguement. Blondie, get that barf bucket handy, will ya?) there was a big war in Heaven, and Satan and all his creatures were cast down to Earth.

So how can a loving God willingly sent Satan and his demons to Earth, where we live, yet not send someone to Hell? Why not send Satan somewhere else? After all, this is a big universe we live in. Isn't sending Satan where he can do the most damage to Humans just as bad as sending someone to Hell? Anyone brought up this problem to the JWs? I wonder what they would say? (Quick Blondie! We need that barf bucket.)

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Just struck me -- duh!

What is Satan doing here now, I mean what has he done while here on earth since 1914.. if he's been here almost 100 years he's achieved jack with all his angels (ie the world isn't all that different/worse from the last several thousand years of recorded history.) Right now in terms of things improving we have:

1/ Much better medicines and medical procedures
    2/ Map of human genome
    3/ Vast amounts of additional understanding of the world
    4/ Huge population growth (so the death rate has fallen - fewer disasters and casues of death per person)
    5/ Growth on an unprecedented scale of religion (including JWs) ie adults actually chosing it rather than being forced.
    6/ A better standard of living in the west than has ever ever been enjoyed (King Soloman never had pizza according to latest records)
    7/ Space travel
    8/ Vast areas of the world at peace (last time the whole world was this peaceful was when the Romans had conquered most of it

All in all maybe the world is a better place now Satan is here according to that logic...

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Hmmm, if you were to give a JW that information, I bet they would receive "new light" and say that Jehovah God never did send Satan to Earth. After all, how could a loving God do such a thing?

The light keeps getting brigher and brighter, doesn't it?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

bttt

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

If hell is real then....

When the jw's die they are in for a pleasent surprise!

(the expression on their face would be priseless)

From Evanescence

(if hell isn't real then how would god/jehovah punish those who rebelled against him?)

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

The scripture in revelation where satan is thrown down to the earth highlights the writers ignorance in respect to the universe. The total of his understanding was that there were 'heavens' where the angels lived and 'earth' where humans lived. It's one argument against revelation being inspired by God because as trippy and far out as revelation is there isn't any great wisdom in there or anything an old dude in the first century couldn't have just concocted one night after eating too much cheese.

A better destiny for satan, rather than the earth, would have been that glass prison thingy from Superman 2 that Terence Stamp and his two mates were trapped in. Just have to make sure there were no nuclear explosions in the vicinity.

• mnb77
    mnb77

here is my thoughts on hell:

if while here on earth you want nothing to do with God, well fine, once on the other side he will do as you wished and have nothing to do with you by putting you in hell (total separation from God). God is pleasant well apart from him, it is unpleasant. simple as it comes!

if you ask for it you will get it!

mnb77

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Gee the jw's don't believe in hell yet at the same time they are going on about how they will be saved while everyone outside the organisation will burn in the lake of fire.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Without the Faithful Disceet Slave Class to interpret the bible all who try on their own to understand the scriptures revert back to the doctrines of Christendom. Namely, the Trinity, immortality of the soul and Hell. Duuuh.

• carla
    carla

JW's believe all others will burn in the lake of fire? I thought we just get 'poofed' out of existence. What's the deal? thanks for clearing it up for me, carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit