The JWORGanisation future.

by prologos 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• prologos
    prologos

This week I saw the organisation's future. An Ueber-zealous elder, field service Glorious One, on Friday night corralled all the teenagers for a get-together, first wt preview, and then communal  watching of the jworg-tv presentations. ( in case they do not do that at home). This might also called force-"feeding the  flock" of geese, ducks, (sheep really), a cruel practise, that is now started to be banned, at least for animals. Of course birds of like feather love to flock together, so while some of the teens are straight grade A students, and probably smirk at the presentations, it is great to be free of your parents and with your own kind. How, as an excluded  parent  how did I see the future?

The control in the family will be minimized. The Central storage of "knowledge" will be centralized in Warwick, for the wicked war. The wicker-basket cases will be the individual flesh and blood members, cart pullers, who will be living in spiritual, mental limbo, their gaming, moneymaking work tolerated, , but the control, "mental regulating" will be maschine-based.  Spiritual pap forced down the gullets of the gullible. 

• Magnum
    Magnum
    The Central storage of "knowledge" will be centralized in Warwick,
    the control, "mental regulating" will be maschine-based.  Spiritual pap forced down the gullets of the gullible.

For some reason, that kind of reminds me of the novel 1984. JWTV seems like some kind of broadcast I picture coming from the scenario described in that novel; it's almost eerie.

I wonder what those teens really think of JWTV. What do they really think of the cart video (the stupid one showing the cart's point of view)? They probably are smirking, as you said, at the presentations, but maybe they don't want to admit it because they're worried about what their elders and peers will think. Might kind of be like the story of the emperor and his new clothes. He was really naked and everybody knew it, but nobody wanted to admit it because each person thought he was the only one thinking it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    That sounds like a fun "witness Get-Together"!
  • prologos
    prologos

Magnum, it reminds me of my youth, all of us in Hitler Youth uniforms, but  admiring the Boeing B17, Mustangs overhead, at least in our school. But this shallow wt religiosity is so far removed from the individual involvement of the past, the daftly dealing with 5 scripture "sermons" at the doors of the 50s. They are  abandoning the "organically grown" concept for

Wt industrialized, corporate spirituality.  

• prologos
    prologos
    SIAR2: that is the insidious method in it. Teens, humans will have fun, meaningful interactions no matter what, and the wt propaganda will seep in through the cracks, creating the crackpots. 
  • gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    A teen 50 years ago I intensely disliked these type of get togethers.  One was all I needed to attend before I and other JW teens avoided.  I don't believe current teens would think any differently
  • pontoon
    pontoon
    It's not an official organization scheduled meeting.  It will be shut down by the Circuit Overseer if he hears about it if not before.  No unofficial meetings allowed.  Seen it happen more than once.  
  • prologos
    prologos
    pontoon, it has been going on in these quarters for months, it is not a meeting, more like a party, a theocratic tupperware pyramid scheme loose arrangement. Hopefully G-T2 is right. 
  • pontoon
    pontoon
    Some time ago the congregation overseer had a Wat study with his family, other families joined in and it grew into a group of about 35-50 people, mostly young with some brothers from Wat Farm included.  Usually two or three elders would be in the group.  When the study was done it was party time.  Some of the reasons for it being shut down were that it was a way splinter groups could develop, ones from that group had a excuse to skip the congregation Wat study since they already went to one and they dressed in a casual way that was not up to the high standards of the organization.  There were other reasons too but that's what I remember.  Circuit Overseer was very adamant about the whole thing.  I'm remembering two other similar arrangements that were shut down. 
  • prologos
    prologos
    pontoon no danger of that here. These organizers are deeply deludes types, without the intellectual wherewithal to even envision dissent, or questioning doctrine. I see it as a way to enforce the ideal wt mindset in fun settings, that is so devoid in the "family study/worship night. arghhh.                                                                                                 pontoon I am just FLOATING this observation., bridge over troubled waters.     

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit