Finger in the chili

by anasazi 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Krystal
    Krystal
    But you don't understand that this is a religion based on the Bible. Because you don't understand the Bible.

LOL... or maybe we dont appreciate a religion based on a specific interpretation of the bible... if you haven't noticed yet a LARGE portion of the bible is written in symbolic language that is open to much interpretation.

By the way, you just failed the reading and applying scriptures section of the Theocratic Ministry School... insulting the intellegence of the people you are trying to save would not get ya a "G"!!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ana, did you know that for years, all letters to the brothers, with directions on how the congregations were supposed to operate, were signed:

Your Brothers,

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

So, the two are not separate entities. Your claiming so is disingenuous, and is side-stepping all the truths that people here have said to you. You DO have to know about the WTS because all of the structure and policies of your religion are interpreted and disseminated by the WTS. So that is the parent organization that you must follow, even though you say you are following Jehovah. Most of the policies you believe in are NOT covered in the bible, other that by interpretation of a principle by a committee operating under the auspices of the WTS. So... how do you rationalize that you have nothing to do with the WTS.

Also, are you baptized? If so, then you swore allegiance to the WTS with your baptismal vows. Look it up. Check out the second question.

• Odrade
    Odrade

In addition, I was a JW for 30 years, and some of the nastiest, most dishonest, backstabbing and cruel people I have ever known have been JWs. MUCH worse than anyone I've met yet in the real world. Oh, and for the record, I know of two, TWO documented pedophiles in good standing in my home congregation.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Anasazi;

You amaze me. You just don't get it. We are not attacking you, and we are not attacking the JW's as individuals. It is the Organization, or the individuals at the top of the group of individuals who sit anonymously behind the veil of the Organization, that we are taking issue with. The rest of the individuals who regard themselves as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, as far as I am concerned, are the ones who have been deceived and lied to by those at the top thru this Corporate instrument known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. If you dared to listen, you would discover that they have an awful lot of things to answer for. They have literally destroyed thousands of families with their disfellowshipping and shunning policies, have caused countless deaths due to their interpretation of the scriptures on Blood, they have made very many wrong prophecies in the name of Jehovah God and the Bible and Truth, when in fact, it is all false. They have changed many teachings, one of which involved brethren going to jail during the Second World War based on an interpretation of scripture which they themselves changed around 1961, which means they went to jail on a false premise, and on and on and endlessly on. And you think all us "apostates" are the bad guys here.

Gimme a break!

Rod P.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Um, *raises hand* I'm attacking Ana. He came in here and said he likes to attack apostates better than going in the ministry.

I say, the best defense is a good offense.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Sandy, I get more motivation for the truth by fighting
    >> apostates. Sure beats studying with people.

Keep him talking, people! Think of the people he's NOT studying with! If we could just come up with a way to get them ALL to come online... I'll talk to the Dark One, see what we can work out...

*returns to the Netherworld*

Dave

• greendawn
    greendawn

If the WTS is doing a lot of things wrong then you should raise an issue with them, and their wrong doing as Rod pointed out and you can easily verify, goes way beyond the unfortunate bethel slave workers.
    But you know if you do try to shake off their yoke, to constructively critisize them you will be going out.

• DaCheech
  • love11
    love11
    I don't have to know about the WTS, the printing facility that Jehovah's Witnesses use. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and know all about this religion

When I was a pioneer jw, the printing facility and the jw organization were one and the same. Only recently has this switch been made that the "christian cong. of jw's" is different than the WTS. I was taught that the printing company was god's organization.

Also, when I was a jw, if a person decided to join the military service of any kind they were disfellowshipped, now it's accepted. My 15 year old friend died and was called a martyr for something that is now considered acceptable, taking blood powder that is then re-hydrated. This company is trying to control it's followers and change it's mind and said it was "god's inspiration" that caused a "new light".

In this day and age, people should be smart enough to realize that people who claim to have "god's power" are probably mentally ill.

Anyways, isn't that just awful that someone would go to such great lengths for money.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

A Witness in my area went to a catholic college and his father is an elder and his sisters and mother are pioneer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit