Who has lost a mate as a direct result of leaving WTS?

by ljwtiamb 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

I am new here. I'm not a jw but husband has been studying with jw's for about two years now. This has pretty much destroyed our relationship, not to even mention what it has done to his relationship with his children. I'm sure the more miserable he becomes they will just tell him how 'right' they are. "See, you must suffer for jehovah". We do not know any jw's, family or friends. I have been trying to get him out these past two years. He is just now realizing that something is wrong with his relationship with his children. So, have I lost my mate as a direct result of the WTS? yes, just like the above post, we live in the same house. Where we used to have long conversations about everything under the sun, when we have conversations they usually end up in an argument and end up turning into a jw policy. Why should it be that way? Because jw's permeate every aspect of your life. carla

• Gordy
    Gordy

I have been separated from my wife since December 1996, because I was deemed to be a "spiritual danger" to the family.

I DA'd in Septenber 2001, since then my wife and two daughters, all JW's, have not had any contacted with me in anyway.

• jula71
    jula71

I'll keep you posted....but I could be in the mix. Seems I'm not a good spiritual head.............go figure.....

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome Carla!

LS

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

17 years of marriage destroyed by the Watchtower.

I did manage to get my wife out of the borg, but the damage to our marriage was already done. After a couple of years there was nothing left to save.

Luckily I have no other relatives in the Troof.

pseudo

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Those of you who did lose a mate, did you see it coming? Were you already on shaky ground with your marriage?

• TheListener
    TheListener

I haven't lost a mate, yet. Most of you probably know I'm doing the long hard fade and losing my mate is always a possibility. For the most part we just don't discuss spiritual things at all. Of course that causes problems every once in awhile as well.

For those of you who have already posted I must say I find your stories really encouraging. I know that may sound odd but seriously, you decided on a course of action that was best for you and followed it through. You have taken the pain and stress of losing a husband or wife, children and even extended families and have come through it. You are all very strong individuals doing what you feel is right. I'm proud to be associated with this board and with many of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit