Ah! Thursday! Meeting Night!

by Nosferatu 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

After I left the JWs and moved out, it was weird having all these evenings to myself. I think Sunday was the easiest day to get used to without meetings. It just made my weekend a bit longer. It may have also been easier because our hall switched with another one between morning and afternoon meetings.

However, Tuesday and Thursday nights were a bit difficult to get used to. The meetings robbed those evenings for so long. Every week, I reminded myself on every Tuesday and Thursday that it was a meeting night, but I wasn't going.

Now that I've been out for so long, I don't even think about it. Occasionally, I'll think "I should go visit my mother." Then I think, "Oh wait, what day is it? Oh, it's Thursday. Forget that."

How did you react to the sudden free time? Did it take a while to get used to?

BTW, I would have posted this yesterday, but I forgot it was meeting night.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Yes, for a time it was great having all this free time.

It was soon filled up with kids school events; civic group meetings; client presentations. Now I have NO time at all. Alas; I have a REALLY good excuse now to not go....

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sometimes I'll say to my 6-year-old son, "Zach, it's Thursday. Time to get ready for the meeting."

He'll respond, "Dad! We don't go to those dumb boring meetings anymore!"

Actually, lately he's saying, "What meeting?" All the better...

Dave

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i revel in the fact that i don't have to get caught up in a t.v. show that starts at 7 p.m. and then have to leave at 7:15 to catch the stupid 7:30 meeting....

and there is also that joy of joys.....sleeping till noon on saturday and sundays...ahhhhhh....

luv, kitty

• delilah
    delilah

I used to think of excuses all day why i couldn't go to the meeting, when i was in school. then as an adult, i found myself doing the same thing. Only once in awhile I'd come up with a dandy excuse...then when i married and had the kids it was hard, as they were ready for bed by 7pm. So when I finally stopped going it was such a relief....i didn't waste any time finding things to do....more time for myself after the kiddies were in bed.....visit with the neighbours, who found it funny that i was suddenly home every Tuesday and Thursday evening. Then as the kids grew older, they got into sports and those evenings are now filled with practices and games and such. So much more to life than going to the KH!!!

Dee

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

There were a lot of part time courses I wanted to take but couldn't because they were always on meeting nights. Now I'm free to take as many as I want without getting harassed!

And I always have a good chuckle whenever I drive by the hall on a meeting night and see the parking lot is full. Poor suckers!

Walter

• doogie
    doogie

there is a JW family that lives in the next apartment building over from mine. last night i was taking the trash out and i see them all walking to their car. they were walking all slow and even though they were looking at the ground, i could tell they weren't smiling. and the teenage boy was waaaay behind. i went inside and REALLY enjoyed my beer.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Are you kidding?!!!! I long for that free time!!!

I hate all the rushing around after work. Hurry home! In the kitchen, hurry!, don't cook anything elaborate! Hurry!, getting the clothes ready, hurry, hurry, and getting all nice, cleaned-up and ready. Hurry! Is all the literature that will be covered tonight in our bags?! Hurry! Then the hurried trip to the far away KH. Hurry!!!

The many nights I manage, without an argument, to stay home I really enjoy relaxing and just getting ready for the next work day.

I tell you all, some day soon I'll just attend meetings every other Sunday. That's enough spiritual food for this lady.

DY

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

totally! i love being somewhere (either at home or where ever), and it being about 8 pm, and looking at my watch and thinking: "yes! now this is life!".

• TheItalian
    TheItalian

I think I still have to get used. At first I thought I could be able to go out more in service... yet there were no bros free around. Then I realized I could sleep!

Ten months away from that hell and still recovering. By the way: I have my Special Ass-embly tomorrow!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit