What happened to Babylon the Great? Why is it still here?

by truthseeker 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

According to one of our high & mighty know-it-all elders/taliban, Babillion da great has already fallen. The reason, as he explained .They(Babillion the Great) have all been put on notice via the pip-squeak cult. Per order of the watchouttower. Kooky wouldn't ya say?

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

This same logic can be found in their explanation of the death of Adam. God told Adam that he would die in the day that he ate the fruit. The society's explanation is that he was sentenced to death immediately and his future death was assured, so it could be said that he "died" that very day.

Similarly, it could be said that Babylon's fall became assured when the Society rose to (imagined) prominence. Therefore it could be said that they fell in 1919, even though the actuall fall will not happen until Armageddon.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Leolaia, You did a wonderful job showing the Society plainly (to me) were / are teaching two contradicting doctrines at the same time. Clearly they are confused. Clearly you are not. I applaud your work! Great job! Thanks for being here.

• blondie
  • DannyBear
    DannyBear

Farkel said;

This would be in accordance with the "invisible" presence of Christ, the "invisible" setting up up the heavenly Kingdom, the "invisible"fall of Babylon the Grape around 1918, the "invisible" end of the Genital (sic) Times in 1914, the "invisible" sign of the end in Matthew 24.

Coming next: the "invisible" battle of Armageddon and the triumphant (but "invisible") march of little dubbies into the "invisible" Paradise Earth.

MUHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Every single event tauted and hearlded by jdubs has been 'invisible'. Such an easy out for every generation of jw fortune tellers.

They are very keen to accept every demonic sighting, table lifting, chair moving... ghost story, or 'debil made me do it' expression that any cookoo throws up in the air....yet have the audacity to say that the great JAH does not need to bless them with even the slightest physical manifestation of his backing of thier prolific prophecies, but simply allows things to happen INVISIBLY.

Yeah.

Danny

Danny

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

this is one of the prophecies of theirs that i hope actually comes true: secular authorities and UN attacking religion, or at the very least fully sepparating it from state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit