Partners in The Truth (website)

by catchthis 18 Replies latest jw friends

• catchthis
    catchthis

I noticed the website below here on the Google ads and wanted to see what type of people were advertising themselves on it. Lo and behold, someone doesn't think too highly of the ones who are looking for a mate! Just read the "General Information" section.

http://www.partnersinthetruth.com/index.php?page=view_profile&id=1455 (cut and paste the link)

Now did they pay for that space??

• blondie
    blondie
    What does the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society think of this site?
    The Society usually does not voice an opinion per private business enterprise, but has cautioned all Christians to beware of entering into serious relationships without sufficent spiritual understanding and knowledge. We do support the Society and bring substance to their teaching that "Witnesses should seek other Witnesses for marriage partners." This site serves to implement that teaching by providing the way and means for Witnesses to meet and form a relationship that leads to Marriage.

This is not exactly true. Just recently at the circuit assembly there was a talk specifically condemning such dating websites.

Yet the PIT says this:

Are the employess and consultants of Partners In The Truth Witnesses?
    Yes, some are. All employees are required to have fundamental knowledge of beliefs and practices of the Jehovah's Witness Organization in order to more effectively work in the interest of all members.
    Does Partners In The Truth know that all members are Witnesses?
    We don't know for certain. We have put some safeguards in place. We are aware that there are many apostates who are about deception and they utilize the internet for this purpose. Be assured that this is not an apostate site. If you see any adverse or negative information, please report it to us immediately. When you locate someone who is of interest to you, request contact information about their congregation.

Is everyone eligible for membership?
    We accept only Jehovah's Witnesses who are over the age of 18 and are not legally married. Everyone may not meet the standards and guidlines which we have in place.

So they don't know if they are scripturally free.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Baptized: 1992, water.

LOL! If this isn't "truth", I don't know what is!!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

tut tut ... and the latest Awake is warning about internet dating! Who knows you could be matched up with some pervert of a dog somewhere.

• blondie
    blondie

Which Awake is that, eyeslice?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Why should the society care where or how you met your mate? you would think that as long as the person is an active witness that would be sufficient, this shows once again the intense control they want over you. DL76

• blondie
    blondie

I know of JWs that have met online on DBs similar to this. They have tried to conceal how they met because many elders will take away privileges from a brother especially.

I know a sister who was dating a brother who had just moved into the area. She called his old congregation elders to find out his status. They told him he was terrific. Smart woman, she checked the criminal records in that area and here he was a registered sex offender and the old congregation knew.

So....

Blondie

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

At my Pio School there was an elderly widower that was engaged to an elderly sister that he had met through a personal ad in Mother Earth News. The CO's never said a word about it. Sister Mercier, who is quite outspoken, however, made it a point to say in front of him that she hoped none of us young people followed his example.

This site cracks me up tho cause it appears to let you enter "male" searching for "male"

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I know of JWs that have met online on DBs similar to this. They have tried to conceal how they met because many elders will take away privileges from a brother especially.

I know a sister who was dating a brother who had just moved into the area. She called his old congregation elders to find out his status. They told him he was terrific. Smart woman, she checked the criminal records in that area and here he was a registered sex offender and the old congregation knew.

So....

Blondie

Blondie please tell me your kidding?

That is the most disrespectful and utterly cruel thing an elder can do, how was the elder showing love for the flock there? Protecting the weaker vessel? He did not need to slander the man just kindly direct the sister to where she could find the information and tell the sister the mans standing in the cong. This just make my blood boil! Once you are a registered sex offender you have been guilty by a jury of your peers and the authorities post such information to protect the public, it's not slander. The elder had a moral and ethical duty to advise the sister of this mans past.

DL76

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hahhahha they allow Male on Male and Female on Female searches. It probably doesnt 'mean' anything, but you wouldnt want any outsiders seeing that and getting the wrong idea about our beliefs would you?

Hhahhahahahhaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit