Any Buckeye's Here

by larc 31 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

For those who don't know what a buckeye is, it is the state tree of Ohio. It also grows in Michigan, but most Michiganders try to kill them off and burn them at Ohio State - Michigan football games when Ohio State loses. The buckey tree produces brown fruit that look like a chestnut, except they are poisonous. So, if you don't like Ohioans, you can just call us worhtless nuts.

I told you that to tell you this. I was wondering how many people are from Ohio, or near its border. I live in Dayton. So does my wife. What a coincidence. JAVA lives in Dayton as well. In Dayton, he is the King of the North (Dayton) and I am the King of the South (Dayton). Lindy lives up near Wadsworth, I believe. I have seen at least one other poster mention Ohio, so I'm curious. How many other Buckeyes out there?

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Mommie lives just a few miles from Lindy in the heart of Ohio's Amish country. NE Ohio; our nearest 'cities' are Akron Canton & Mansfield.

I know there are quite a few exes in the Cincinnati area too. I know at least one ex in Indiana too, and she's a regular poster here (and she knows who she is )

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hey there King of the South.

As you said, I live in Dayton, too. BTW, I received a letter yesterday from someone in Columbus, Ohio inviting me (and any others who want to come) to a backyard X-JW picnic this Sunday . I don't know where he got my mailing address (don't know the person), but he sent a map and listed a phone number. Did you or anyone else get an invite to Columbus, this Sunday?

I might call the number to see if it's a group of fundamentalist, and if not, I might go. I'm usually willing to enjoy the company of former JWs if they're not trying to "save" others.

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hey Mommie,

If they are King of the North and King of the South, you can be Queen of the South and I could be Queen of the North since I am just a few miles North of you...Hmm.. New title, "Mommie Dark, Queen of the South". Sounds Cool.
    Now you need one of those medievil dresses like my daughters have and a crown made of gold and some pretty flowers and you are all set. Oldest daughter went to a medievil faire this past weekend and had a blast. Her male friend and her were one of the few dressed in the attire of the time period that weren't working there, so they got a lot of stares. She brought home some neat little things too.

BTW Happy (premature) Birthday to You!

Lindy

• Tina
    Tina

Disclaimer-not a buckeye :< Poppin in to give((((((((((((lindy)))))))) and a big hello! How ya doin?

((((((((for all the buckeroos))))))))))))luv yas,T

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi Tina!
    ((((((((((hugs back to you!))))))))))

I'm doing fine. Summer heat is melting us here, almost in an official draught. But today is cooler and it MIGHT rain. Looks like it anyways, and "they" say so. Hope so...the lawn is going dormant. I have to water the flowers to keep them going.
    I'm waiting for school to start (less than a month away), my brain is stating to die off. I'm getting a bit scared again but I'll be okay. Kids are fine, hubby is fine, the cats are sitting in front of the fans with their fur blowing....
    And life goes on....

Hope all is well with you and yours too.

(((hugs))),
    Lindy

• larc
    larc

Hi Mommie Dark,

Lindy already knows this, I think. I was born and raised in the Akron area. I took a tour once of the Smucker's plant which is over your way. It smelled like a great big kitchen inside with hundreds of pies baking - wonderful - much better than the smells inside a Goodyear plant in Akron - pewy!

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

Hello from the NW Ohio area!

Hi Tina! Wanna join us in the Buckeye State?

Michelle

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((((Michelle!!)))))))))))) hey sweetie!! How ya doin? lol Wish I could join ya's. Seems like a really cool core of apostasy there,,wink What's new in michelleworld? luv ya,T

• Englishman
    Englishman

Larc,

I have a large tree in my garden, a horse chestnut that I suspect is the equivalent of your buckeye.

Betcha dont play conkers with 'em like we do.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit