The magazines...

by El blanko 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I know one DF'd man was told to have his wife go get them for him.

• El blanko
    El blanko

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more daft the situation becomes.

I can't see the point in not dropping off at least one magazine, say every month? Surely the whole point about being a Christian is to encourage those who stumble and fall.

I often see the local mob knocking doors, with the usual zero response situation.

Then you have one guy on the territory who struggles to attend meetings and he gets the "cold shoulder" treatment, because of a situation, now over two years old, that resulted in this man being disfellowshipped.

He was loyal to the congregation for almost 30 years!!! Yet comes across as a bit of an oddball and is rather eccentric in his ways, but relatively harmless. Like a child really - petulant at times, fun at others.

I'm not saying I see eye to eye with this wanna-be JW friend of mine in all areas, but I know he is making an effort and finding it hard to do so.

The elders must have hard hearts at his congregation.

Pathetic.

I think since he has been booted out, a representative has been sent twice maybe for a little chat. The emphasis of course is upon the sinner to repent and go crawling back. Oh that life were that simple eh

This guy has mental health issues, which range from neurosis to OCD. The "spirit appointed" elders can't even see this and therefore lack compassion and understanding.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

• squinks
    squinks

just go to the local laundromat they always have a big supply, no waiting in line and no "contriubution" needed

• El blanko
    El blanko
    just go to the local laundromat they always have a big supply, no waiting in line and no "contriubution" needed

Hehe... they don't seem to do that in the UK - its a good way to drop off old magazines though. Wish I had thought of that when I was serving!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    He could get someone to pose as a person interested in getting the magazines but only through the mail.

they actually quit doing mail subscriptions a couple of years ago. probably around '98. they said the postage was cutting into their budget. they also gave some lamo comment about how we could show our faithfulness to JDub by being responsible enough to get the magazines on a regular basis. **gag** luv, kitty

• Balsam
    Balsam

Ok this is what I was told since I was disfellowshipped. No more subscriptions period for anyone.

To recieve magazines or publications you have to attend the meetings at the kingdom all at least sometimes to get them. He can get them at the literature counter. The Elders stressed that was the only way to recieve them.

I have a JW woman delieving them to me as a return visit. She was working in the area one day and I never told her I was a ex-jw. So I am now a return visit and I get all the publications and magazines I want. I just can never tell her the truth. She would probably have a heart attack right in my house if she knew the truth. She is very nice, and I feel no obligation to inform her otherwise.

Your friend will probably attend meetings, so he can get them at the KH without much problem. I've known several JW with mental problems. One was disfellowshipped and even took the emblems during the time she was disfellowshipped at the Memorial. Shocked the socks off everyone. Now she is reinstated, mental illness and all. Don't know how she managed to get back in, but she had tried several times without success prior to them finally reinstatng her.

• blondie
    blondie

While they don't do subscriptions, individual JWs can mail them to you. No different than dropping them off at your house. You can give them some money to cover the postage. Balsam has a good idea, just masquerade as an interested person.

If you are not DF'd or DA'd, usually you can find some JW you knew well that can drop them off for you.

Find places where they do street work on a regular basis and they are not aware that you are DF'd.

I have been getting my magazines by an alternate way without going to the KH for 2 years.

Blondie

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Your friend will probably attend meetings, so he can get them at the KH without much problem. I've known several JW with mental problems. One was disfellowshipped and even took the emblems during the time she was disfellowshipped at the Memorial. Shocked the socks off everyone. Now she is reinstated, mental illness and all. Don't know how she managed to get back in, but she had tried several times without success prior to them finally reinstatng her.

He does go off and on to the meetings. But I know he finds it difficult. He is a person who is looking for warmth and love. I think his ideals are too high in reality and this is holding him back.

Believe me, I have tried to persuade him of many things over the past two years, but gave up two months ago and rarely see him now. For both our sakes, I think we had to stop hurling rocks at each other during discussions.

The whole situiation has being rather stressful and I think he needs to go back to retain any form of sanity.

Ho-hum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit