The magazines...

by El blanko 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• El blanko
    El blanko

A friend of mine who is disfellowshipped wonders whether it is WTBTS policy to let him have the magazines still and frankly, I can't remember.

I told him that I believe it is their policy not to let him have the mags, but I'm not actually that sure.

Any ideas you clever people?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

when i got dsf'd, an elder told my mom that i could go to the literature counter and get magazines. i chose not to because....

1. i haven't read them since i was like 6.

2. i sure as hell didn't appreciate the how dare you stay in the kh after the meeting and not run out to the parking lot in disgrace looks.

so yes....he can still get magameans. (why the heck won't my red go off....)

luv, kitty

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A disfellowshipped person would have to go to the KH to get magazines.

DY

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yes.

They said to the congs that you should not be alarmed if you see a DF lining up to collect magazines, as they can receive them. Just DON'T say hello or look at them.

(Wasn't there an Outer Limits episode about criminals being punished in society by being ignored? A sort of globe swooped down if they tried to make any human contact)

HB

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

you are not allowed to be a route call if df......unless you are mine...i would call with mags for ya...does he have fam or friends that can do it discreetly....

os else get them at the counter.....go make the cong ignore u.....dont wait till no one at counter-join a long queue..make the mag servant acknowledge you

• blondie
    blondie

I would go to the KH where you were DF'd from and talk to one of the elders on your JC. They should be able to get you the magazines through whatever way they have set up in the congregation. Usually they well let the MS handling the mags and/or literature know that they can give you the current magazines. You should be able to get whatever books that are availabe and on hand for the public.

"He may obtain copies of the Society's publications for personal use."

Blondie

• El blanko
    El blanko

Thanks for the info.

I thought that may be the case - it has been a while you see I can't remember all the rules and regulations!

I can't see him going to the KH for the mags so no doubt he will have to do without the vital crumbs from the spiritual banquet.

I could get them for him, but being as he is being rather nasty to me at the moment, I don't think I'll bother. It's all rather complicated. He views me as an apostate and I can't really deal with him on those terms.

Lifes tough isn't it.

• blondie
    blondie

He could get someone to pose as a person interested in getting the magazines but only through the mail.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

If they didn't let a disfellowshipped person have the magazines, then wouldn't that defeat their purpose? How could they keep dfed folks convinced to their way of thinking otherwise?

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Back when I was accounts servant and did the subscriptions as well, we had a disfellowhipped lady that I dealt with a lot. I did not know if I was supposed to help her or send her to an elder. The po not only told me to help her myself, he encouraged me to be especially kind and helpful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit