Was Anyone Reinstated But Felt Marked?

by love2Bworldly 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i was reinstated and still felt disfellowshipped....way to confirm your love you morons

• Frog
    Frog

Was never "re-instated" but came off restrictions a few times, one of which was publicly announced...I think as a women it's worse...it's almost as though when guys leave the "troof" it just makes them more rugged, well-rounded, and charming...but as a young women you're definitely marked...perhaps some of it is just in your mind, but that is of couse how we are trained to think...frog

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Happened a lot in the congs I've been in. It just depended on who your daddy was and/or whether you had something on one of the elders.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    It just depended on who your daddy was and/or whether you had something on one of the elders.

That is so true! My mother married out of the Truth and so the brothers always treated me like I was carrying some disease or something. All those people who have their heads up the elders ass or are the kids of an elder get away with everything. Perfect example: A sister in our hall who is a year younger than me had a worldly boyfriend. We went to school together so i saw everything that happened. SHe would sneak out of her house at night to be with him, and her older sister even walked in on her having sex... However she was D/Fed or even put on reproof- she never had any actions taken against her. However I get talked to for everything... hunting, fishing, going to worldly parties.... and the list goes on....

^^ I know that was off topic... But i felt like saying it.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    The Watch Tower Printing Corporation is a book printing business. The Jehovah's Witnesses are the book distributors. They are unpaid employees. When they are disfellowshipped, they were just fired. It's really as simple as that.

garybuss,

That is the best description of the borg I have ever heard, a true gem I shall never forget.

DL76

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Forgot to add a friend of mine committed adultery (they had been seperated a year) and confessed it to the elders and requested to be df'd but the elders didn't want to and told him so, even telling him at the end he could appeal the df. Would everybody get this kind of treatment? NO, my friends father was the PO.

DL76

• freedom96
    freedom96

I personally never was df'd, however, I remember the re-instated ones always seeming to be different. I couldn't help but think of them in a different way.

But, it was always a look of awe, like they were cooler. I remember this even as a child.

• wiegel
    wiegel

yes and yes!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sorry gary i dont think it is as simple as that......when you are fired you do not lose all your friends or family or workmates...you can still meet up with them even if you dont work together anymore...and no company in their right mind would tell those family friends or workmates that they are not even allowed to say hi to you for fear of losing their own jobs...further if you dismissed wrongly there are legitimate ways to 1..get your job back or 2..seek financial compensation

the same is not true re disfellowshipping

tijkmo..of the i know, i was that soldier class

• minimus
    minimus

Great ?? All reinstated ones have automatic restrictions placed upon them. I'd feel "marked" too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit