Was Anyone Reinstated But Felt Marked?

by love2Bworldly 19 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Just wondering if any of you experienced what I did years ago when I was reinstated. Although people were excited about my reinstatement and said things like "Welcome Home", I could tell when I would see people I used to be close to--that they still treated me differently, almost like I had a disease or something. Maybe it's because I was married to a non-JW and had a baby by then?

I guess it's one of the many reasons I faded away shortly thereafter. I didn't feel like part of the group anymore. And by the time I faded away, no one even called me to ask why.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Yes - It was never the same after that. As much I think because I had changed.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Both times I went back...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

My Father was Disfellowshipped in 1962. There was one member of the JC who followed him for years, tried to keep him from getting reinstated, and then constantly harassed him by writing letters to any congregation he found Dad had moved to warning them not to give him any responsibilities.

After this jerk made it to CO and was assigned to our circuit he found that Dad had made it to Presiding Overseer in the Redwood Valley congo. He had an absolute fit and looked for any reason to cause him trouble. I remember Dad being called into a special Elders meeting to discuss his Hall attire: Dad had dared to have a wardrobe of shirts and ties which included the colors burgundy, fuscia, orange, and *gasp* peach. Keep in mind this was in the mid 70's. This man was a moron. He could not let the error of over a decade pass. Mom and Dad went through hell because of this "loving brother" for more than twenty years. For all I know he may well still be at it if he is still living.

It was never the same for them after they were disfellowshipped in spite of how hard they worked to make ammends to men. God had the capacity to forgive, but not the Organization and especially this one jack*ss.

J

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Jeannie, I hope that wasn't Bro. Snow?

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

A perpsective from the other side...

I recall how many JW's would feel varying degrees of resentment at reinstated ones "who've had their bit if fun" and came back to their congs. while they themselves "followed the all the rules" (as we all know, no easy task!). The result was a diminished relationship with those weak ones often for years until they proved themselves (chastity, abstainance, public humiliation, etc...) worthy by "suffering" as much as the rest of us.

I remember the tale of the prodigal son and remember thinking that the "good" son should have left home after the way he was treated by the father in the parable!

W.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Jeannie why was that jerk persecuting your father so much, did he hold a grudge against him? And what was wrong with those colours peach etc

• garybuss
    garybuss

When a person is disfellowshipped, that's the Jehovah's Witnesses saying, "We don't want you in our group. Go away!".

They NEVER disfellowship anybody they don't want to get rid of, NEVER!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They NEVER disfellowship anybody they don't want to get rid of, NEVER!

Gary, you are so right!! I got away with so much crap my eyes are still a bit brown. I even asked the bruuthers in one congregation to call a JC on me so I could confess my sin. Their answer: Joe Hoba has forgiven you and we can leave it at that. What a screwed up moral system the WTS has. If you are an up and coming rising star in the borg they don't want to discipline you because it makes them look bad after all the bragging they've done on you to the CO and DO.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Printing Corporation is a book printing business. The Jehovah's Witnesses are the book distributors. They are unpaid employees. When they are disfellowshipped, they were just fired. It's really as simple as that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit