RUSSIA GOES FOR THE GOLD

by You Know 81 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

You K.

What kinda double talk is this?

[qoute]
    For a fact, there are extensive prophecies that could be brought to bear on the topic to show how the wealth of the world will be confiscated as if by a thief in the night, but this verse will have to suffice for now.
    [/quote]

Sound almost like the Society's double talk such as found here in the Revelation Climax book page 103.

"12 All the evidence indicates that this heavenly resurrection began in 1918, after Jesus' enthronement in 1914 and his riding forth to start his kingly conquest by cleansing the heavens of Satan and his demons. Yet, those resurrected anointed ones are told that they must "rest a little while longer, until the number . . . also of their fellow slaves" is filled. Those of the John class still on earth must prove their integrity under trial and persecution, and some of these may yet be killed. Finally, though, all the righteous blood shed by Babylon the Great and her political paramours will be avenged. In the meantime, resurrected ones are doubtless busy with heavenly duties. They rest, not by relaxing in blissful inactivity, but in that they patiently await the day of Jehovah's vengeance."
    Revelation Climax page 103.

Where is all the evidence that proves the resurrection took place in 1918? Come on now!
    Oh yeah it was invisible so we have to have faith.

Facts alway implied but never ever given!

At one time they said the resurrection happened invisibly in 1878 and that all the fact prove it. What facts I ask you?

So when you say "for a fact" put you money where you mouth is.

Bluster that all just bluster!

• You Know
    You Know

Picture of D Wilt stalking YK. Moments after this photo was taken D. Wilt charged YK and ripped the cuff of his trousers >>>

• ballistic
    ballistic

You Know, are you an anarchist that has found a pseudo-constructive outlet for your feelings?

I was too far out... and not waving but drowning - Stevie Smith

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

You Know,

I actually like your Humorus side, you got a sense of humor I think it make your posts more interesting.

We can't serious all the time even when arguing about something.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Dollar-loving Russians cling to U.S. currency
    By Karl Emerick Hanuska

MOSCOW, Aug 16 (Reuters) - A fall in the U.S. currency has put world
    financial markets on edge, but dollar-loving Russians said on Thursday they
    had few fears of a major slide and still trusted the greenback more than
    their own rouble.

Faith in the dollar has seen Russians build up an estimated $50-60 billion in
    savings under their mattresses since the early 1990s when it first became
    legal to own foreign currency.

So with Russians holding the largest amount of dollars outside the United
    States, talk of a slide could trigger concern. But people in Moscow have been
    calm so far.

"How many times have we seen the rouble crash in the last 10 years? Too many
    times to count that is for sure," said Lenina Feinman, who sells vegetables
    at a market.

She said that before the 1998 financial crash she saved roubles, but then the
    currency shed 75 percent in days, nearly wiping out her savings as they
    trapped in an account in a bank which swiftly shut its doors to customers.

Feinman also recalled poorly planned currency reforms that forced surprised
    citizens to queue for hours, sometimes, days to exchange cash roubles for new
    bills. The only other option was to sell cheaply to speculators or see them
    lose all value.

"All I can save goes into dollars now," Feinman said. "I've only got a few
    years left before I have to stop working and then it will be the dollars that
    I've managed to save that I will live off and not my miserly rouble pension."

Feinman is not alone in her sentiments. An informal poll carried out by
    Moscow's Ekho Moskvy radio showed 80 percent of Russians put more trust in
    the dollar than in the rouble.

A report released by Dresdner Bank Group <DRSDn.DE> said 65 percent of
    Russians held their savings in hard currency, most of which is dollars.

EVERYONE WANTS "BUCKSI"

People walking along a key tourist street not far from the Kremlin were
    unconcerned by reports that the dollar had touched a five-month low against
    European currencies.

"I don't care what happens with the dollar anywhere else," said one man.
    "People here have too much confidence in the dollar for it to fall. 'Bucksi'
    are what everyone wants."

Olga Voronova, an office worker, blamed currency speculators for a lack of
    roubles at some exchange points around Moscow and dismissed speculation that
    the dollar could fall.

"People here are always speculating on something," Olga said as she changed a
    $50 note to do some lunch time shopping.

She described as foolish a much-talked-about forecast by Tatiana Karyagina,
    an economist who was prominent during Russia's early economic reforms, that
    the dollar was poised to lose as much as 50 percent against the rouble in
    coming days.

In an interview broadcast on Russian television on Wednesday, Karyagina, who
    works for an institute affiliated with the Trade and Economics Ministry,
    called the dollar "nothing but a pyramid scheme" set to collapse due to U.S.
    economic troubles.

"That is simply hysteria and I think most people understand this," Voronova
    said.

Currency dealers said there was no panic in trade and that the dollar was
    steady against the rouble. The central bank set its key exchange rate little
    changed at 29.35 dollars per rouble on Thursday after a previous 29.34.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

You Know,

Got Bluster?

• individual
    individual

You Know is representative of an interesting development from within the confins of the org. It is a development that has happened before after the death of Russell. That development is a schism, one that always develops in a beleif system when the disappointment of failed promises leads followers onto differing paths. The disappointment of the org.s promises has lead You Know and others to make more and more extreme statments concerning world affairs in order for them to justify their desire for the systems end. They cannot face up to the failures of the org.s prophetic interpretations.
    I wonder how many more like You Know are currently serving as JW,s. I would think that the org. is very concerned by this development from within its own borders. The fact that he is writing to the society expressing his strange views must have their attention. Schisms are an indication of stress from within. The rank and file members are questioning the authority of the org. by giving their own opinion on prophecy, it shows a weakening of the gov bodys control.
    Schisms represent a very interesting development in the history of the org.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

individual,

I think you right and I think the funny thing about it, You Know knows it too.

[qoute]I wonder how many more like You Know are currently serving as JW,s. I would think that the org. is very concerned by this development from within its own borders. The fact that he is writing to the society expressing his strange views must have their attention. Schisms are an indication of stress from within.[/quote]

I think You Know will one day come to grips with the fact he to is an too apostate(WT definition).

• You Know
    You Know

I am not really concerned with the Watchtower at all. They do their thing and I do mine. We are both working on the same team though, just from different angles. It appears though that apostates are the ones obsessed with the Watchtower, and of course you are also preoccupied with slandering and psychoanalyzing YK. I merely present myself as an individual Jehovah's Witness who has made the faith my own. I am not interested in gaining a following of any kind. My only wish is to inspire others to do the same. It is then apostates who follow the pattern of the Russellites, who when their leader unexpectedly died, their faith died with him. By the same token your faith, so-called, is/was totally dependent on the Watchtower. That's why your faith vaporized when you were exposed to things for which the Watchtower had not prepared you. / You Know

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

You Know,

Please explain:

That's why your faith vaporized when you were exposed to things for which the Watchtower had not prepared you. / You Know

What were the things we were exposed to that vaporize our faith.

BTW I still have faith in Jehovah and Jesus Christ I just don't beleive the WT is what it claims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit