Watchtower and the UN-latest development.

by apocalypse 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheListener
    TheListener

Couldn't the monthly Awake carry pro-UN article as well as the current issues do? Just changing the periodical to monthly and focusing more on the bible doesn't necessarily mean they can't discuss world issues of which the UN is a part.

It's a money thing. I swear I'll be very upset if the monthly Awake is twice as thick as it is now.

• sf
    sf
    but I think positive articles of UN affiliates are simply that, a story about the food program or humanitarian programs.

Ed,

WTBTS does nothing for humanity!! That is what I think you just aren't getting, respectfully.

THIS IS HOW THEY REALLY FEEL, DEEP DOWN {quote taken from the danny haszard thread}:

"If you have been "witnessed to" by Jehovah?s Witnesses and you reject their message, you will likely "die shortly at Armageddon" with all the other non-Witnesses, since theirs is the only true religion, and (if they can live up to all the rules) they are the only ones to inhabit this new earth. If you believe Witnesses seem rigid now, any non-conformist during the future cleansed earth will be directly destroyed by Jehovah. Even now a Witness will be disfellowshipped for any one of many gaffs, such as smoking, taking a blood transfusion, or even voting. "

Now tell me, where is the humanity? They have none. They are, as I love quoting 'PB':

"The Watchtower and the Creed of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a SHAM and a
    >LIE and a FRAUD and a SCANDAL and an OUTRAGE from start to finish."

sKally

sKally

• sf
    sf

~oops~

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    First, in the way of history, the WTBTS got linked up with the UN as an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization).

Be very careful!

The WTS will always be an non-governmental organization based on the definition of NGO (ie. a not for profit organization that is non government).

In 1992, the WTS was accredited as an "associated NGO" with the UN's Department of Public Information. In order to gain this accreditation from the DPI committee in 1991/92, they "voluntarily" applied to the UN's DPI and voluntarily agreed to support the UN charter and diseminate UN information.

In 2001, when they were outed by smart people like Kent and Zev et. al., the WTS requested to be removed from the UN's DPI. Therefore, based on the WTS request, the UN "disassociated" the WTS from the DPI and thus, is no longer an "associated NGO" with the DPI. The WTS still remains an NGO just not associated with the UN.

Take care,

hawk

• keeshah
    keeshah

This explains (in better words) what I was thinking. I found an Awake at the laudry mat. I started thumbing thru it and found that they are quoted and pictured Kofi Annan (UN Secretary-General).

"Study after study has shown that there is no effective development strategy in which women do not play a central role. When women are fully involved, the benefits can be seen immediately: families are healthier and better fed; their income, savings and reinvestment go up. And what is true of families is also true of communities and, in the long run, of whole contries."

Awake! February 22, 2005 page 5

My mother reads every last word of the publications. Why doesn't it strike her as weird that they are quoting people from the UN?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Is this document available somewhere online?

Yes please confirm.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I beleive I have the fax in my drawer. It is online somewhere. Zev's site I think.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Zev...hmmm....

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

First of all who is Zev?

It's my understanding that the story was broke by Steven Bates of the UK Guardian so if anyone should get credit it is him.

Secondly, what is the big deal with quoting someone from the UN? None. The Society has quoted catholic priests, atheists, evolutionists, politicians, etc. etc. and there have even been times when the material presented about these "worldlies" was not so bad or even favourable to an extent.

All of these articles about the UNs activites and especially about its humanitarian divisions, in the Awake! mag are just an attempt to be "newsy" on a topic of global interest. Nothing more.

There's no conflict in that. The Society has always pointed out things like that the government is doing this or that, or there is this or that development or this or that invention or progress. But then it will usually add something along the thought of "well this may be a good thing but of course it is only a temporary or partial bandaid, only God's Kingdom will solve the problem or help the situation totally."

-Eduardo

• keeshah
    keeshah
    Secondly, what is the big deal with quoting someone from the UN? None. The Society has quoted catholic priests, atheists, evolutionists, politicians, etc. etc. and there have even been times when the material presented about these "worldlies" was not so bad or even favourable to an extent.

What I find offensive is that they will USE these quotes where it benifits the WTBS. As long as what they say fits in with JW teachings, they quote them. Then... they go back to "these people will have their eyes plucked out by birds at Armageddon". Calling the UN "The Scarlet Colored Wild Beast" and then finding something "favourable" that they can USE is hypocritical, IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit