by truthseeker 40 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss
    What holes in their dikes?

Maybe they have all been fixed:-)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What holes in their dikes?

<----- struggling really really hard to not crack an inappropriate lesbian joke.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

A year or so ago we got a letter from the CCoJW because attendance was low and so are service hours. (For you naysayers, this was before I became an apostate back when I was a rabid Dub. So it wasnt my apostacy that was siphoning of Jehovah's Holy Spirit."

They placed all of the blame on the congregation elders. The said we need to do more in service, in the ministry, and the quality of the meetings.

Are all the elders except those in 3rd world countries cumby? Maybe, but I think the ultimate body of elders known as the Govering Body needs to look at themselves. If it is the elders fault, then the buck's gotta stop somewhere. The world's elder body needs to take responiblity for the decline.

They're all like: "Uhuh! It's those elders fault, not ours. We're giving you all this spiritual food and your wasting it!"

Pieca crap pete and repete meetings. Ctrl+C Ctrl+V books. No training for shepherd. Saddling ppl with a fruitless door to door work.

This thread shows they are clueless about the problem. They will continue to beat the fellow slaves.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Ctrl+C Ctrl+V books

I've noticed this too... more and more of their books are literally word-for-word reproductions of Watchtower articles from previous years. A classic example of this is the Greatest Man book. They had a long series of Watchtower articles about Jesus and then copied the text from the articles into the chapters of the book.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This was Jehovah?s arrangement, so when the governing body makes a decision, it?s Jehovah?s decision....These brothers are appointed by the spirit, so they don?t make human decisions, but the decisions they make are coming from Jehovah!

Such statements are perfectly in line with the following:

*** Watchtower 1959 May 1 p.269 Attain Completeness in the New World Society ***

In the same way Christ, the Head, employs the organization that is his body to carry out his assigned work. His orders reach the whole of the organization on earth through the governing body, and on down through the Branches to the congregations.--1 Cor. 12:12-18; Matt. 24:45-47. To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

Cult-think at its worst!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

So, they?re being appointed by Jehovah. But, nowadays we don?t see a dove or a flame above their heads appear. How can we be sure then? By what they are doing, by the acts of the slave and the overseers. De requirements for such a brother are spelled out in the Bible, these are compared to the brother to see if he meets these requirements. Who?s requirements are written in the Bible? Jehovah?s. So, that way it?s Jehovah who appoints these brothers. When persons are appointed it?s by spirit.

We have to ask ourselves two questions:
    1) How should we view appointed elders?
    2) How do you feel about them?

These brothers are appointed by the spirit, so they don?t make human decisions, but the decisions they make are coming from Jehovah! ( Personal note: Make no mistake about it, these were literal words from the speaker! )

what do they hope to accomplish by keeping on saying this when they know it isnt true.....elders are appointed by a majority vote of men who interpret the bible qualifications any way they please dependant on whether they like the bro being considered or not...but never disqualify themselves based on the same criteria

and i gotta tell ya....i know of plenty human decisions that have been made

if all appointments are done by holy spirit and all the decisions are spirit directed then it doesnt say much for the power of the holy spirit

• integ
    integ

I do not agree with some of the comments from Bro. Mackenzie in this talk.

Integ.

• wiegel
    wiegel
    When we find Peace, it must be Jehovah?s organisation.

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm....gonna think on that for a while............

Please notice that the shepherd sits upon the cherubs. The cherubs are special servants who are upholding Jehovah?s sovereignty. Why is this also applicable to us here on earth? Because in Jehovah?s organisation we have to reflect this too. Overseers are also upholding Jehovah?s sovereignty. This also means that they have to see to it that persons who aren?t upholding Jehovah?s sovereignty are kept outside the congregation.

is it a language deal here or is this just another incoherent and disconnected piece of bs? the "please notice that the shepherd sits upon the cherubs" sentence left me hanging....what fun they have with words.

once again it's off to the Old Testament for an analogy that has no basis in anything but their own minds...spin, spin, spin..........

trudy

• sf
    sf

Damn spooKy stuff here I sure do say.

Jehovah couldn?t find anyone better to set up his organisation on earth.

These brothers are appointed by the spirit, so they don?t make human decisions, but the decisions they make are coming from Jehovah! And the cloud turned away from over the tent, and, look! Miriam was struck with leprosy as white as snow. Then Aaron turned toward Miriam, and, look! she was struck with leprosy.?

elders are approachable and friendly, we have to show respect. We have to cooperate with them and follow the instruction from the Governing Body.
    Hebrews 13:17: ?Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over YOUR souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to YOU.?

Keeping watch over our souls? THAT CAN GET REAL DANGEROUS!

Sometimes it doesn?t mean that the elder really did something wrong, but that you see it the wrong way.

LOLLLOLOLOLLLOLOL, seriously.

it?s better to stay with Jehovah?s organisation then to float away.
    What do elderly people have that young people don?t? Experience! So, we must be submissive.

Hahaha...again, seriously?

sKally

• sf
    sf

For a fact, in the past few months a number of Dutch brothers have been very vocal in exposing the Wt's underhanded dealings and calling upon the WT to make an accounting of itself--evidently with some effect.

One of my brothers send Jaracaz a letter, and questioned him about NGO , He also told him that he thinks the WTBTS has disfellowshiped because of the NGO ! (they go to the UN instead of JEhovah)....
    these things are one of the many things thats going on here!

This have something to do with The SEVENTH OPEN LETTER by rijk janssen?

{{ thumbs up babe !! }}

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit