The New Pope

by Kenneson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

He's German. Hasn't been a Pope from Germany since the 11th century. He was a very close friend of Pope John Paul II and is expected to carry on along where the other pope left off. He is a conservative. His name is Joseph Ratzinger. He has taken on the new name of Pope Benedict XVI. The following link will tell you all about him.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&mpl=fc&in=World&cat=Papacy_and_the_Vatican

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Hasn't been a Pope from Germany since the 11th century

Which may as well be last week as far as the vatican goes.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

My condolences to progressive Catholics worldwide.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Egads! He speaks TEN LANGUAGES

I barely speak one.

• IronGland
  • dilaceratus
    dilaceratus

In a similar way to Mr Jaracz, Mr Ratzinger offers more evidence to their respective adherants that if god exists, and is favoring your religion, He's a dick.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

i asked this question on another board so again i ask it here..why don't they pick a younger pope?? I mean im not wishing bad on the man or anything...but he's 78...how many more years do they expect out of him?

• morty
    morty

why don't they pick a younger pope??

I second that....

I wondered as well why they picked an older gentleman...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

older popes die sooner.. the death of a pope increases church attendance and donations along with international attention.

• Odrade
    Odrade

so that no one pope holds too much sway over Catholicism. They know his tenure won't be more than a decade or so. Seriously, that's what some high-up archbishop or something was saying the other night on a program about the pope. I guess it makes sense...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit