What are some Bible contradictions that JWs can't reconcile?

by marked 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• upside/down
    upside/down

What Gumby said...

u/d (of the "justice, we don't need no steeenkin justice" class)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

There are a number that arose in my mind as a JW from reading the Greatest Man book, here is one that they simply gloss over:Did Jesus meet them in Galilee? Contradiction

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't see how anyone could mistake these two colors regardless of the lighting.

Purple:

Scarlet:

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I also heard it said that Methuseleh lived to a ripe old age and accomplished nothing. Because the bible said nothing they assume he did nothing.

I just thought it sounded presumptuous.

LHG

• greven
    greven

Elsewhere:

I don't see how anyone could mistake these two colors regardless of the lighting

It is irrelevant whether or not the writers of those two books mistook the color of the robe anyway:

If they were inspired by the same holy spirit they can't make any mistakes anyway, unless the holy spirit is colorblind itself

Greven

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Synoptic Gospels say that Jesus was immediately led away into the wilderness for 40 days. Yet ch 2 ofJohn's account says that 3 days after the baptism he was in Cana making water into wine. Don't tell me he didn't partake of the wedding feast, not withstanding, Luke says he ate nothing after being baptised for over a month. (This from a so called 'doctor' who would know the effects of lack of food and water after only a few days in that climate!!) If he was so dead set on accuracy for Theophilus why did he not explain that away?

If Jesus were just a man he would have died like anyone else, and if God gave him miraculous strength, he was not tempted like we are.

HB

• Carmel
    Carmel

"Original Sin is an UNjust doctrine invented by illogical men and attributed to god so that events in scripture make a kind of weird logical sense."

You nailed it Terry!

carmel

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

For Jws ?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'?

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Genesis chapter 1:11-26 says that green vegetation was created BEFORE humans (also before the Sun and Moon and stars). Then at Genesis 2:4, an entirely different account starts over: Genesis chapter 2:5-7 says that humans were created BEFORE vegetation! To sum up, neither account agrees with what is known to science, and the accounts also disagree with one another.

• jula71
    jula71

The easiest contradiction is no particular verse, but the over all theme of free will. The puts a wrench in everything, did Pharaoh, Judas, or Cyrus (if the prophecy really was told before it happened), did any of them have a choice or free will? That theme has been showing up a lot on this board, but very appropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit