Please help me understand about JWs as I have no idea about this religion

by unknown 15 Replies latest jw friends

• unknown
    unknown

thanks for all your help so far, some things that have happened are making a bit more sense now that I have read a little about your religion. I see now why there were to many issues for us to continue to be together.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Well, it's probably a GOOD thing for you that this person is out of your life. If you spend time here you'll hear many sad tales of JW/NonJW relationships. Life is too short to mess with those who are brainwashed in the WTS cult.

I wish you well,

AuntieJ

• fairchild
    fairchild

Welcome to the forum, unknown. You might want to hang out a bit and do some reading around here. We have some interesting topics floating around, and they will give you a better view on the JW religion.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Do you think a devout JW would really have a romantic affair with a married individual?!

No, I actually lived this... I saw it happen about a dozen times in three different congos.

This problem is rampant.

u/d (of the truth is stranger than fiction class)

• unknown
    unknown

I dont think... I know that this happens as that is exaclty what has happened here. I ended my marriage for this person, but they have since taken off saying they couldnt handle the guilt. What I didn't know was wether it was the guilt of being part of the reason for a marriage split or wether it was because of religious beleifs, although clearly by what has been said so far of your religion, we broke some pretty big rules.

• Terry
    Terry

Gerard, that was beautiful. thanks.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit